City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

cibaman said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
we were poor in midfield. i mean barry and toure....did we play a 4-2-4 against an italian team?

tactics wrong!!!

This....We need Nigel back asap. I assume his bruised foot he suffered against Swansea, was actually a broken foot?

Mancini said something about it being the underside or sole of his foot, which doesnt sound like a break.

But he was injured with a bruised foot, on monday 15th of August. Thats four and a half weeks ago. Cleverly has broken his foot for the rags against Bolton and will be out four weeks. It must be the worlds worst bruise. I had serious spinal surgery eight weeks ago, and all the bruising was gone within three weeks of the op. Sounds like someone from the medical team has diagnosed a "Big Mac" instead of a "Quarter Pounder" with cheese.

our tactics were wrong tonight, we were never gonna open Napoli up through the middle, they set out to stifle any movement and through balls and we kept on doing the same thing time and again and you could see it wasn't working.

We missed De Jong alot also, we didnt really have alot of cover for the the back four and they were 3 against 3 or 2 way too much and the game was too open. It cost us once and Lavezzi should of scored.

Thought we also played a bit slow tbh, by the time we got the ball near their box they had already set a brick wall in front of us so we kept losing the ball and being countered.

cibaman said:
This....We need Nigel back asap. I assume his bruised foot he suffered against Swansea, was actually a broken foot?

Mancini said something about it being the underside or sole of his foot, which doesnt sound like a break.

But he was injured with a bruised foot, on monday 15th of August. Thats four and a half weeks ago. Cleverly has broken his foot for the rags against Bolton and will be out four weeks. It must be the worlds worst bruise. I had serious spinal surgery eight weeks ago, and all the bruising was gone within three weeks of the op. Sounds like someone from the medical team has diagnosed a "Big Mac" instead of a "Quarter Pounder" with cheese.

Mancini seemed really frustrated when he spoke about it. Sounded like it had been misdiagnosed but they still hadnt really sorted out what it was.

<a class="postlink" href="http://samrobinsonfootball.blogspot.com/2011/09/man-city-1-1-napoli.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://samrobinsonfootball.blogspot.com ... apoli.html</a>

My take on the game as a neutral.

everyone take a step back. We've started the season flawlessly and tonight played against the best defence we will play all season. No need to start a ______ is shite thread.

SambaStyle said:
people need to get off their high horse, top 3 Italy means top 4-5 in PL at least.
Exactly - Bolton, Wigan, Spurs or Swansea aren't on Napoli's level and why people are so disappointed is a mystery. There's a lot of spoiled brats on here spouting shite.

Very Arsenal-esc tonight. Tried to go through the middle every time. Never going to work against a well organized Italian team. Should have used the wings more.

Only gripe was the Barry error which led to their goal and Mancini's late/slow subsitutions.

Thought a draw was a fair result tonight. 2 points dropped or 1 point gained? Only time will tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.