City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

bayern blade said:
I was expecting you to win this comfortably tbh.
I've not seen your game except for the last two minutes as I was watching Bayern so don't know if you were unlucky.
We absolutely battered Villareal, should have won by more, Ribery was superb tonight.
From a Bayern view two good results for us.
tbh you can enjoy your Europa League football

Fair result, long way to go, its funny really how the so called weakest team looked tonight to be the stronger, this group will all be decided by the Villareal games IMO.

First half we were good and should have been in front in especially with Toure's miss.

But second half I thought we were poor. Toure and Barry were nowhere to be seen in the middle and were over-commiting against a great team on the counter attack.

Wasn't sure what Mancini was thinking in bringing on Clichy, who is much better at getting in behind than Kolarov, and then taking off Dzeko. Especially because Clichy put in a couple of great balls but obviously Tevez was stood around doing fuck all in the middle of the pitch - He clearly doesn't give a fuck.

Overall we could have done with winning that as all our away games are going to be very tough. Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up coming third in this group purely down to not getting a home win today.

Re: Lescott tonight.

are u high...? was u watching the same game? his passing let him down big time! gave the ball away countless times.

Thought Zabaleta was the weakest link. Time and again he'd have the ball in space down the right and he'd pass back instead of trying to get to the byline. Missed Richards.

Hari84 said:
my vote: 0-10

Hart 6
Kolarov 6
Lescott 5
Kompany 6
Zabaleta 6
Barry 5
Yaya 6
Nasri 4
Silva 4
Aguero 5
Dzeko 6

Clichy 6
Johnson 6
Tevez 5

how can you give tevez more than silva when he done jackshit when he came on?

Hart 6
Kolarov 7
Lescott 6
Kompany 6
Zabaleta 6
Barry 8
Yaya 7
Nasri 5
Silva 6
Aguero 6
Dzeko 7

Clichy 6
Johnson 6
Tevez 5

andrewmswift said:
It's certainly a different competition. I've never had a rooting interest in any CL matches, but my God it's the first group game and I'm literally sweating.
you might need to go see a doctor.

Few things I picked out:

1) Napoli defended very well... seemed hard to break down.

2) Kompany needs new fucking boots! Great performance from him, but there two occasions where he slipped... one in first half where they hit cross bar and second half where he slipped and the ball fell straight to them. Happened a few times now, most memorable being the rooney overhead fluke.

3) Barry, struggling to keep up with the rest of the side... age starting to kick in I would say, takes a long time for him to shift the ball.

4) Richards over Zaba for me, if we take a more defensive approach to the game I would give Zaba the nod, but first half we needed Richards bombing it down that wing and overlapping Nasri/Silva.

5) Napoli were very good on the counter attacks, think Lescott did well overall.

Not sure what else to add to that... it was a decent performance, not to the standard we usually are and a win would of really helped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.