City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

mazzari's tactics win. his players didn't need to control or pass the ball but just ruin our chances to pass very quickly. this is why our front four did not perform at all today, maybe except Kun. fullbacks played too high, otherwise cavani would not have scored. the whole team was obviously exhausted after 75 mins.
tremendous thanks to kolarov who saved today.

valancius said:
silva looked half the player he has looked in the prem, tevez didnt give a shit

Aside from one shot on goalwhen he took on five defenders Tevez offered nothing.

was surprised by Napoli performance, they played top match!

I did get frustrated after 1st half, had a feeling we gonna regret it all the chances we had

but oh well, 1 point better than nothing, well done City! played well :)

Its not the end of the world. We didnt set the world on fire, they played well, and we came out with a point.

Warwickhunt said:
bayern blade said:
I was expecting you to win this comfortably tbh.
I've not seen your game except for the last two minutes as I was watching Bayern so don't know if you were unlucky.
We absolutely battered Villareal, should have won by more, Ribery was superb tonight.
From a Bayern view two good results for us.

yeah, i'd say it was, but early days yet blade.

I agree, I still think we'll both qualify. We certainly won't be underestimating City.

Not happy with the result and I'm not sure Mancini was too happy with it either judging the way left the field without waiting for any of the players.

IMO, I'm not sure Lescott is good enough to play CL football. His weakness in defence was shown up on more than one occassion tonight.

Nasri, didn't play neither did Barry.

Not sure either why it appears most of our players believe they can dribble their way down pitch without passing or playing the simple ball.

Overall, I'm not sure if this was a good result for us, but I'm sure glad we didin't lose tonight. Hope we'll play a lot better in our next CL match.

CTID

MaineDAWG2008 said:
Lumberjack Pete7 said:
barry and lescott looked a bit out of their depth, all in all a good result because for the last 10-20 minuets it looked like they were playing 6-7 defenders.

this

both looked poor today. esp barry for loosing out in a crucial area. silly mistake.

but looking at the bench who is better?

we are missing de jong and milner.
Barry was brilliant tonight or was I watching a different match???

intheknow! said:
Napoli were beaten by Liverpool last season when Gerrard scored a hat trick.
So? They also beat the rags when Kuyt of all people scored a hat trick.

It's certainly a different competition. I've never had a rooting interest in any CL matches, but my God it's the first group game and I'm literally sweating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.