City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

Thought yaya was class tonight, but I personally thought we started the 2nd half shaky, out of position and that goal they scored was coming for a while, but to come back and equalize against an italian team was good.
Need to up our game v bayern.

When a team defends like that, you need to mix in TWO simple things:

1) some fucking crosses into the box
2) try a fucking long ball forward every once in a while, instead of trying to tip-toe in the net every single time.

I mean - God were we one-dimensional tonight!

Dissapointed in the result. We had to win now we cant really lose in Munich. But they are in very good form, it's very hard to play aginst them in Allianz for any team.

We were narrow, we had so many bad passes, Nasri, where was he, couldnt really find Dzeko with the ball, there was a 10-15 minutes period where our only game was to pass to Zabba and he will cross, he isnt that a good crosser.

AJ brought energy, as an impact sub, could come earlier. Nasri should be cvhanged earlier too.

Their counter-attack goal was great but what Barry did there? Lol.

Ok 1-1. shit result, we have 5 matches to get trough. It's not easy. Anyone who thought it is now it clearly isnt. 3 ass hard away matches in this group and only two home matches, one against a proven CL team.

I will be okay with the second place, just get it. We are a step behind to Bayern, they have 3 points, our next match Bayern-City, dont lose, just dont lose that one.

Given the critique of Mancini's defensiveness and such, I thought tonight we saw a Napoli side execute perfectly what Mancio expects from us ie NEVER give up 3 pts. They were well disciplined, well defined and well worth a draw in spite of the lack of shots etc. What counts is the conversion rate. What it may also well serve is a lesson in taking fuck all for granted. We could have done better. The boys even seemed a tad overawed. However, game one is out the way and we have a point. NEXT!!!

Braggster said:
Project said:
Big mistake from Mancini to start with the two slowest fullbacks at the club. Clearly didn't do his homework on Napoli. They're a lot better than what people on this board take them for.
Agree, one of Richards or Clichy should've started for sure. And he had a chance at half time to correct this, and didn't do so. Whoever it was could've been rested at Fulham as well - very puzzling.

Too slow overall to change things IMO, B- for Roberto today and qualifying from this group is going to be a real struggle now.

Maybe he was aware of their counter and Kolorov did well

Would be good if those who can only see in black & white could widen their horizons.
Tevez was NOT the reason we didn't win tonight - he was given about 10 mins to try and turn things around and that was hardly the determining factor!
I am a big Mancini fan but I thought Tevez should have been brought on a lot earlier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.