City v Newcastle post match thread

LoveCity said:
mackenzie said:
We can't sustain that kind of intensity though, can we?
It was like a cup match.
Not complaining though.

Yes we can, others teams like Dortmund have managed it and many Spanish teams press and expend a lot of energy. It WILL have its effect on the team though, which is where rotation and squad depth will become important. Dortmund's lack of squad depth led to some lethargic displays after big games last season.

And we have a lot of depth in our squad luckily..

OK boys, that's the way to do it. What a great start, and with style and flair. MP has them playing to their strengths and enjoying their game.
RM could never say "get out there and enjoy yourselves", the words were not in his vocabulary, the spirit was not in his DNA.

That was a great game to watch for a total team performance. Very pleased for Edin, At Wolfsburg he helped them win the league. Watch him go now with better service and a wider formation. Pellegrinihas faith in him, and he will work well together with any of the other players who provide him with service. Edin is one of Eorope's best strikers as he proved scoring 4 at Tottenham, and Mancini rewarded him by dropping him for the next game.

kinkysleftfoot said:
Interesting stat from last night..........Newcastle only touched the ball threet imes in our penalty area!
Wonder how many times that has happened?

Might have happened when we beat the Rags 1 - 0 in title winning season, as they didn't have an attempt on goal.
Surely if they'd have got in there, they'd have had a go.

Finally got chance to comment on last night's game. Basically, I am very excited by what I saw; not because I suddenly think we are certain to win anything but because we played much more the way that I personally want to see and because I am damn sure that we will be much better to watch. I was optimistic about our chances of lifting a trophy this season before it got underway and last night did nothing to dispell that optimism.

I was absolutely delighted to hear the manager on the radio after the game talking about the need to play with aggression. If City consistenly put in that sort of effort and aggression, most teams will find us hard to cope with.

Everyone of the players had decent games; the highlights for me were:

The almost faultlessly imperious defending of our centre backs;
The hugely encouraging performances of the new boys. I've long been a fan of Navas but hadn't appreciated how hard the guy works.
The tireless imposter in Dzeko's shirt.
The impact of Aguero, his goal was simply world class: only a chosen few have the gift of being able to finish like that on the run.

Dzeko would have been my MotM if he had not wasted so many chances, which meant I had to give it to Yaya.

Just watching MNF highlights and the presenter guy (cant remember his name) said it was Newcastle heaviest away defeat for 25 years. I thought we beat them 4-0 last season at our place as well?

truebluetoronto said:
OK boys, that's the way to do it. What a great start, and with style and flair. MP has them playing to their strengths and enjoying their game.
RM could never say "get out there and enjoy yourselves", the words were not in his vocabulary, the spirit was not in his DNA.

That was a great game to watch for a total team performance. Very pleased for Edin, At Wolfsburg he helped them win the league. Watch him go now with better service and a wider formation. Pellegrinihas faith in him, and he will work well together with any of the other players who provide him with service. Edin is one of Eorope's best strikers as he proved scoring 4 at Tottenham, and Mancini rewarded him by dropping him for the next game.
No, he didn't. Also for all the Dzeko fans outraged that he had to go out wide last season during games, he went wide last night and very effectively at that. Great job from him and great job from the manager. If anything it appears Mancini didn't explain effectively why he was resting him post-Tottenham. That was a failure. I imagine Pellegrini will do better in a similar instance.

Tunnel Cam is horrible, the frame and focus is all over the place it make your head spin sometime, who ever took it this time must be new to the job.

The CityTV match highlights are pretty rubbish aren't they? Don't give a flavour of the game at all.

Here's a good set of highlights. The difference this year is quite clear!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyQ8bybrELQ[/youtube]

Love it at 14:27, when Krul is looking into the whites of FOUR City players' eyes!

Not his night for scoring. How many chances did Dzeko miss target or have saved/blocked?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.