Fernandinho 8
Silva 8
Navas 7

Aguero 7
Dzeko 8

Nasri 7
Garcia 5
Negredo 6
You may as well have picked some of them at random.

kun said:
Player ratings:

Hart 6

Zabaleta 8
Kompany 8
Lescott 7
Clichy 7

Yaya 9
Fernandinho 8
Silva 8
Navas 7

Aguero 7
Dzeko 8

Nasri 7
Garcia 5
Negredo 6

Fucking hell, if Hart got 6 for not having to do anything why've you given Garcia a 5? Granted he didn't have to do much either, he did nothing wrong. Would have give Navas at least an 8, ripped them apart

Great stuff ... but for Tim Krul and the ref / assistants it would have been 6/7/8-0.

Very minor gripe: For the last 6 or 7 minutes, Negredo was desperate to have a ball delivered to him; set-off on a couple of runs beyond his man, and stood with his arm up out toward the wing several times ... but the rest of the team seemed to have settled for 4-0 and were happy just passing short around the midfield and defence. Just felt we could / should have kept going and looked for a fifth rather than "settle".

But that is a very minor grumble in what was a fantastic performance ... it's clear that Navas is going to add something that we just never had under Mancini; he was lightning quick of foot and mind. While Yaya and Fernandinho are going to be an immense barrier to every team we meet.

Really excited !

Credit to Jovetic too. I saw him on the way in and he was having his photo Taken with anyone who wanted it and signing autographs for at least 15 minutes. Not sure he will just walk through the crowds like that again in a hurry though!

Pigeonho said:
Roll on Sunday. My uncle is a Cardiff fan and he's resigned to it being just a 'good day out', with him hoping we just keep it from being an embarrassment for them! Hahah!
Will not be as easy as people think, first game in prem and a load of mad Taffs baying for English blood.
1-2 City

Tempo,pressing,width all with a high level of skill

I actually didn't think the toon were all that bad, it was just we were on a different level

Very impressive

That navas has a turn of foot, scary

If we can be consistently at that level, there won't be many to touch us

Very exiting times ahead

Well done on the win, it was the result (and scoreline) I'd predicted, but I wasn't expecting us to be so gutless.

Navas and Zabaleta look to have already got a good understanding and they tore our makeshift left back to pieces early doors. (Why we didn't start with Jonas sticking right in front of Mwiba is beyond me). Dzeko looked so dangerous all night, as did Aguero.

I'd like to say that the better team won, but that'd suggest there was another team on the pitch. The only players to come out of that game with any pride were Krul, Ben Arfa and Dummett. The stupid yellows we picked up I'd attribute to poor morale and less discipline.
Debuchy had his worst game in a black and white shirt by some margin. Looks like a player who sees his best mate leaving the club and wants to follow him out the door.
Steven Taylor was an embarrassment; I'd expect frustrated fouls when Ageuro was doing him for pace or trickery, but a clubbing on the back of the head just screams a childhood of eating glue and licking windows.
Colo was distracted and unsure of what everyone else was doing, poor game, but he'll improve.
Mbiwa is not a fullback, never has been. When he was shifted into the centre he looked better by orders of magnitude.
Tiote and Sissoko were clueless in the centre, I can only take solace from the fact they won't meet Yaya Toure and Fernandinho (who looks very assured) every week.
Gouffran did nothing wrong, really. Yet he did nothing good either... anonymous really.
Cisse was abject, clearly couldn't give a monkeys and the sooner we get some competition for him, the better.
Ben Arfa got some stick from MNF for not defending, but it was clear to me that he was told that he was our only attacking outlet (bar the hoof to Cisse), he looked like the only outfield player that was up for it and capable.
Thought Dummett did really well when he came on, but the game was already over.

With your players;
Hart had nothing to do, but save the 1 shot we managed on target so fair dos
Zabaleta was quality going forward, great link up with Navas in the 1st half and he nearly scored late on
the two centre halfs didn't have to break sweat. Partly because of how poor we were, but mainly because they're well drilled and they're quality centre backs. What's the news on Kompany?
Not being funny but I don't remember your left back doing anything. Again, I don't think that's a mark of how we had him pegged back, or anything. I just don't remember him and Ben Arfa did much of his running through the centre.
Silva looked up for it and pulled the strings in the 1st half whenever the ball wasn't going down our targeted left side.
Yaya and Fernandinho dominated the centre of the park from the 1sxt minute til the last. With the attacking line up you can name, these two will be vital in controlling games.
Navas had a great debut and looks an intelligent old fashioned winger, but bear in mind, he will face much much sterner tests
Aguero and Dzeko were dangerous and terrified our defence in their own inimitable styles. SA's movement is just mesmerising...

Anyway, congrats on the win, ignore Pardew's misdirection attempts, we were comfortably beaten because we were all over the place and you have quality throughout the squad. Was actually saying I couldn't think of a single player in our squad that'd get in your squad and that is a fucking depressing state of affairs for a club that should be gunning for European spots every year.

(Fancy loaning us Sinclair?)

blue underpants said:
Pigeonho said:
Roll on Sunday. My uncle is a Cardiff fan and he's resigned to it being just a 'good day out', with him hoping we just keep it from being an embarrassment for them! Hahah!
Will not be as easy as people think, first game in prem and a load of mad Taffs baying for English blood.
1-2 City
I think we'll keep a clean sheet, but won't score 4 like last night. Going for 2-0 but another dominant performance.
On baying for blood, a documentary years ago on their Soul Crew had a camera following a mad-head of theirs and he went 'fe fi fo fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman', but in a serious, mad as fuck way as opposed to trying to be funny.

blue underpants said:
Pigeonho said:
1-2 City
I agree, it wont be easy. I hope Nastasic is back because Bellamy's pace, against Lescott and Garcia, with our high line... could be interesting!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.