City v Newcastle Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how optimistic you lot are. After that performance against Gladbach and inevitably how tired some of our players will be I can see this being a very difficult match. Especially with Newcastle on a high after that result against the Bus parkers. Think this match will be a good marker for the season.
You have to be on top your game every time if you want success and Newcastle will be no different.

Sides know our weaknesses especially on the left and the have the speed and players that can exploit us.

The fact they haven't won in the premiership yet is irrelevant and if anything they will have extra motivation to knock us off and open their account.

We have already lost two winnable games against sides we have good records against like Newcastle.

I hope the players realise they have to go full throttle for 95 minutes to get the three points.

Lets hope we have a comprehensive victory and get our stuttering campaign back on track.

You have to be on top your game every time if you want success and Newcastle will be no different.

Sides know our weaknesses especially on the left and the have the speed and players that can exploit us.

The fact they haven't won in the premiership yet is irrelevant and if anything they will have extra motivation to knock us off and open their account.

We have already lost two winnable games against sides we have good records against like Newcastle.

I hope the players realise they have to go full throttle for 95 minutes to get the three points.

Lets hope we have a comprehensive victory and get our stuttering campaign back on track.
Bit of common sense from a fellow Antipodean

Like most I hope that this is a comprehensive win, with aguero find his goal scoring touch and bagging a hat trick

The reality is that this is most likely going to be a hard fought match

Yes Newcastle have played like shit for most of the season, but so has BM in the bundesliga yet they gave us a run for our money

Add to the fact that newcastle has been practicing for this game for a whole week while our players will undoubtedly be tired after just coming back from Germany

The most likely scenario is a city win, but not without a fight first. My guess is it'll end 3-1 with it being 2-1 for most of the match before we kill it off late on with a goal.

But deep down we all know that it will be a close game, and we'll make it extremely hard for ourselves.

-------------------Hart------------------

Zabba------Kompany-----Otto--------Sagna

---------------Ferna------- Yaya--------------

----------------------Silva---------------------

Kdb------------------Aguero-----------Sterling

If Kompany is available that is (not seen any latest reports on injury)

That for me is the strongest 11 with the injures we have at present

if yaya is out we have to play fernando

Not sure having Kev on the right is our strongest set up. I would suggest Navas is the best we have in that position which means a scrap for the #10 position. Also wouldn't start Yaya for this one. He is clearly not fit.

Either way, we should still have enough to take the points.

Hart

Sagna
Demichelis
Otamendi
Zabaleta

Dinho
Nando

Navas
Kdb
Sterling

Aguero

Hopefully a win before the International break, which we desperately need.

Gotta laugh at all the doom and gloom in this thread.

Newcastle are dreadful who haven't won a game all season. We should be beating them comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.