City V Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

Yaya was sublime.

Kompany can't play the left-side of the central pairing.

Clichy was again excellent and done no favours by Richards or Kolo for the cross.

Nasri decided to wake up.

Silva looks a bit jaded.

Barry once again showed me I know fuck all about football, the camshaft to the machine.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Yaya was sublime.

Clichy was again excellent and done no favours by Richards or Kolo for the cross.

Silva looks a bit jaded.

Barry once again showed me I know fuck all about football, the camshaft to the machine.

Good summary. I think Nasri will make you eat your words also ;).

hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Yaya was sublime.

Silva looks a bit jaded.

Good summary. I think Nasri will make you eat your words also ;).

It's not as if I don't want him to!

For me, he will have to come to the fore against bigger and much better teams, when we need him.

His showing yesterday was a prime example of his recent breeding at Arsenal.

Bullying inferior opposition, afforded loads of space, and playing carefree.

It's the mental side of his game I will continue to be suspect about, when he is challenged to take responsibility.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Ditto. Watching him play in the flesh is so different to watching him on the box. He was subtly brilliant yesterday and TV highlights can't do him justice.

Norwich fans did themselves proud.

We need another centre back alongside Vinny.

Overall, excellent team performance.

And Norwich were woeful

The weakest League opposition we have played. I expected a lot better.

They nearly scored early on, but after that breakaway, it was only a matter of time. They say way too deep, and it just invited pressure, and when we did lose the ball, they just gave it back.

Clichy, Nasri, Yaya were the best performers, though everyone played well.

Time seemed to stand still for Aguero's opener. Great piece of skill, but it was lucky to go through a few legs. And he could have had 4

That's 63 goals in all competitions now, of which only 4 in the first 25 mins. Patience is a virtue but in nearly every game our opponents have had a great chance to take the lead.

Those slow starts will probably end up costing us in the CL. We need to make sure they dont start costing us in the league.

I think City score more in the 2nd halves as the opponents get tired of running from side to side closing down City's passing game

Sometimes you think City should be more direct, but the constant possession game has the effect of tiring the opposition out

At the end of the Norwich game, it was easier to score than it was at Kick off as ours subs had more space to play in.

Marvin said:
I think City score more in the 2nd halves as the opponents get tired of running from side to side closing down City's passing game

Sometimes you think City should be more direct, but the constant possession game has the effect of tiring the opposition out

At the end of the Norwich game, it was easier to score than it was at Kick off as ours subs had more space to play in.
It obviously plays a part, but yesterday Lambert's daft tactics played the biggest part, in the first half playing 9 men in a narrow area about 15-25 yards from his own goal, none of who tackled, and a big fella 60 yards away who got lucky once. Then once that we had got in front, decide to push 4 or 5 forward leaving them wide open at the back.

If you're going to park the bus, then you need competitive players to stop the other team passing through you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.