City V Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

That was a great team performance. My observations are...

Barry, Yaya, Nasri, Silva with Aguero joining in, is the most balanced and fluid midfield we have.

YaYa gave his best display yet in the deepest lying midfielder role yet. Fairly sublime control of the game the whole match.

Clichy should now be a fixture. He got out jumped for the goal cos the guy had a run on him, but it was not matching up for the short corner that cost the goal, not the backpost zonal defending.

There was something like 15 attempts at goal in the first half - thats unplayable.

If any body was in any doubt that when the blues goes marching in, the standing section want to be in that number, we are all clear now.

liddellblue said:
Anyone else get annoyed with the amount of people leaving before the game has finished. There were thousands of people who missed the last two goals today.

It's obviously a nightmare to get away if you're driving but the amount of people that do leave early always surprises me. Is it just drivers? Today I noticed people leaving before 80 minutes were up.

Great win today. A very professional, patient performance first half. Some fantastic stuff second half. Nasri my MOTM, some great driving runs to go with the one touch passing.

a gulf in class today

their back 9 played well at first but it was only a question of when and then how many

not arrogance just what I saw

next

Excellent team performance, and for most of it we still had another gear to use.

Joe - 6 (little to do)
Micah - 7
Kolo - 6 (would be more but he had a dreadful first 15 minutes)
Vinny - 7
Gael - 8
David - 6
Yaya - 7
Gareth - 8
Samir - 8 (his best game so far for me)
Edin - 8 (worked very hard deserved a goal)
Sergio - 7

Nige - 6
Mario - 7 (1 extra for the cheek)
Adam - 7 (nice goal, and assist)

I really did not understand what Norwich's game plan was though, first half 10 behind the ball, but don't tackle ?? Go 2 behind then have a go ? Barking mr lambert, as the final score will show.

My first post on this excellent site. Been lurking around for some weeks after I found it - quality stuff from so many passionate fans. Good reading for an old City fan from Norway. Visited Maine Road a few times in the seventies - then my life took some twisty turns that led me away from my childhood interest in English football - but it's good to be back, and to see that the team is doing so spectacularly well. I'm really happy for all you true blue Mancunians :-)

Regarding today's match: Good to see the team finding the pace so quickly in the game. I feel they have been struggling a bit with the concentration in the opening of a lot of the matches this season. Today - except for the near-costly early defence miss, they were sharp from the very start of the game.

Also: would have subbed Silva after 60 min. (I'm so scared something should happen to him) and I'd let Mario have some more time on the pitch. Nasri was a delight today - good to see him starting to find his role in the team.

Can't wait until Wednesday. I just hope the local TV company with the license to show Champions League in Norway for once could drop their bloody compulsory we-have-to-show-the-rags-match-because-that's-the-only-team-worth-watching-according-to-the-advertisers attitude and give us some real football.

cleavers said:
Excellent team performance, and for most of it we still had another gear to use.

Joe - 6 (little to do)
Micah - 7
Kolo - 6 (would be more but he had a dreadful first 15 minutes)
Vinny - 7
Gael - 8
David - 6
Yaya - 7
Gareth - 8
Samir - 8 (his best game so far for me)
Edin - 8 (worked very hard deserved a goal)
Sergio - 7

Nige - 6
Mario - 7 (1 extra for the cheek)
Adam - 7 (nice goal, and assist)

I really did not understand what Norwich's game plan was though, first half 10 behind the ball, but don't tackle ?? Go 2 behind then have a go ? Barking mr lambert, as the final score will show.

Really? Aguero is lower than Dzeko even he scored a magic, class goal?

I loved the way they grabbed the ball from the net at 3-1 and ran back with it.

Just what United did. Nearly the same result as well.

I don't think this giving a late goal away is such a bad thing if it then causes the opponents to believe they have hope and become more open at the back.

(Welcome DruntBlunt!)

Yaya and Barry immense in midfield. Overwhelmed Norwich.

Biggest difference for me this season is how we are so quick to press after losing the ball-amazing to watch, and very Barca-esque.

Great team performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.