City v Palace Post Match Thread

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Setting his team up to waste time at every opportunity, get plenty of snidey kicks in (including Jerome leaving one on Joe - (I have no doubt that was deliberate) deserved nothing more than what it got - fuck all!

The linesman was flagging for a foul so he thought it wasn't a fair challenge

3 points!! Phew! And top of the table for now.

I really don't like Pulis' brand of football. Has been effective but boring as hell. Frustrating!

So so pleasing to see Joe Hart back.

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Wasn't gonna go to this as I knew it would be a shit game.
Not surprised by Pulis' tactics regarding players and defensive lines i.e. 10 behind the ball - sometimes all 11 and occasionally try and hit us on the break it's not like we're not accustomed to Pulis when he managed Stoke so gathered they'd be a handful today.

What I do find unacceptable is fucking blatant time-wasting after 5 minutes of the first half by Speroni which continued throughout the half. The twat should have been carded half way through the first half. At least 2 others imho at various points taking throw ins and free kicks.

Laughably celebrating getting a corner, ironically chanting "it's just like watching Brazil" - best get used to plenty of that lads - with no fucking points! Although to their credit it was like a "quiet room" or a "Library" today - I can only put that down to the anti-climax after we were magnificent against Liverpool.
Can't believe some posters have actually suggested:
They deserved a point
or
We got out of jail
What utter shit.
Setting his team up to waste time at every opportunity, get plenty of snidey kicks in (including Jerome leaving one on Joe - (I have no doubt that was deliberate) deserved nothing more than what it got - fuck all!
Got the snidey dig in about money again - 350 million this time. What a grade A ****! Of course he'll forget to mention any of that when his side play like twats against Yoonited and Chelsea and get mullered.

THIS

Shown he has no class what so ever had to mention the money, 300 million spent he said, I would be sat on the bench with a big cigar what a fucking wanker. Does he think any any top team would employ him.

The way Palace players literally beat up City's players made me cringe. Should have gotten a red card or more.

And reading the comments.. Are we supposed to beat this kind of brick wall team easily?
Will any other top 5 teams beat this kind of wall easily?

Eagle dan in peace here and back from the game. Wow! What short memories most of you have. Its wasnt that long ago you guys were below us in league 2 with your hero 'the goat' missing sitters. id have expected these comments from scummy utd fans who havent seen real football like you and i down in the lesser leagues but it seems most of you have turned into them, remember your only up there now cos of your sheak owners.
Oh of course our team that only just survived administration 3 years ago and cost less than 7mill should come to eitead (franchise) and try and outplay £350 million pounds worth of talent. We'd get destroyed. That's what footballs about tactics, passion, remember the magic of fa cup. But seems you've forgotten. I'd take my little palace run by 4 real fans and a shitty stadium over yours any day. It's more fun when you upset the big boys even if you don't win. Your support used to be one of the best I witnessed, yesterday it was like a library, any noise I did here were moans at dzeko. But the goat was better. So proud of our club today. Players and fans were amazing

cavendishblue said:
I hoped that when he parted company from Stoke I would never have to watch another Pulis side again, unfortunately I was wrong. Have to admit I have never seen a goalkeeper being talked to by the ref about time wasting 15 minutes into the first half!
And the referee said "Carry on, I'll not book you for it". Nor penalise him for the 13 seconds to release the ball when the rule is 6 seconds - but that's probably the most-ignored rule in the game anyway. Not that Speroni got any quicker when they went a goal down.

As many on here, as I was watching yesterday's game, I was wondering:

- As a CP supporter (or any Pulis managed team for that matter), what do you look forward to? What is your team purpose? Not only in general, but game-to-game basis? What is his footbaling strategy?

This was really an agonizing display for both - one side was trying to score the goal whereas the other's sole purpose was not to concede one. You could see a bit of intention there on Pulis' side that he wanted MC to get panicky as the end was approaching, and then (perhaps) get MC on the counter.

Just imagine if all teams / managers were like that. Or don't.

I think eventually Dzeko just put them out of their misery.

Eagle82 said:
Eagle dan in peace here and back from the game. Wow! What short memories most of you have. Its wasnt that long ago you guys were below us in league 2 with your hero 'the goat' missing sitters. id have expected these comments from scummy utd fans who havent seen real football like you and i down in the lesser leagues but it seems most of you have turned into them, remember your only up there now cos of your sheak owners.
Oh of course our team that only just survived administration 3 years ago and cost less than 7mill should come to eitead (franchise) and try and outplay £350 million pounds worth of talent. We'd get destroyed. That's what footballs about tactics, passion, remember the magic of fa cup. But seems you've forgotten. I'd take my little palace run by 4 real fans and a shitty stadium over yours any day. It's more fun when you upset the big boys even if you don't win. Your support used to be one of the best I witnessed, yesterday it was like a library, any noise I did here were moans at dzeko. But the goat was better. So proud of our club today. Players and fans were amazing

course you would.

oh and the 350m bit is simply not true. that was just our bench.

Eagle82 said:

Thing is, and I will be brutally honest with you, CP are a crappy little club with a nugget of a manager, why would any one bother getting excited watching you? You mean nothing to most teams in the Prem, your just points fodder sure you will put up a fight, but most likely you will be relegated this season or next

Eagle82 said:

Fuck off you unimaginative prick!

Apologies to the mods for the language but cunts like this deserve it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.