City v Palace Post Match Thread

croftonglazier said:
Palace fan here guys and I sense the major frustration with our performance yesterday. However, hasn't it got to be expected when you've trounced the likes of Spurs and hit Arsenal for six? I work in an office full of Spuds and Arsenal fans and can go to work tomorrow with a sense of achievement, albeit gained by "parking the bus." We are a small club, we got promotion unexpectedly, we weren't ready, Holloway splashed £20m on a number of hasbeens in the summer and if we can survive this year, against the odds, hopefully next year we will come back and play more openly. Three years ago I waited outside Lloyds in London for our club to be saved and three years down the line we're playing at fantastic stadia like yours and watching the cream of world football. Your ground is fantastic, the atmosphere generated from both sides in the lower tier was amazing, and at least you've still got some soul. At Chelski's Stamford Bridge two weeks ago I paid over £80 for seats for me and my 16 year old and we did open up more but the place was dead. Chelski have lost their soul, you haven't. You've got a great stadium, fantastic support and I and many other Palace fans stand in awe at the way you've moved forward so quickly. I will never forget at Selhurst on the last day of the season in 1990 when the Blues unfurled a massive banner wishing us good luck in the Cup Final against United. It was a 16 hour round trip for me and my 16 year old yesterday and whilst you guys were frustrated as we "shut up shop" we still created a few chances and can hold our heads up high in a city of Chelski, Spurs and Arsenal supporters. Must admit I still miss Maine Road with that massive high terrace alongside one side of the ground but at least the Etihad still has atmosphere. Whenever we play Manure we have coach after coach passing us on the motorway with Exeter Reds or something obscure on the side and yesterday I didn't see one such coach of City supporters. Palace supporters come from South London just like City supporters are mainly from Manchester. Anyway for what it's worth I really hope you win the league and keep the soul in that stadium! If we survive my son and I will be back next year. We fully expected a tonking and will probably get one next time if we do play more openly but we both fully enjoyed the experience. Sorry for spoiling your day but at least you got the points - we just wanted to keep our goal difference down ! All the best.
Nice post, and welcome to the madhouse that is BlueMoon. Most of us on here aren't too bad (with a few notable exceptions; not me, obviously!). Well done on making the long trip during the holiday season; much respect. Oh, and by the way; if (on the VERY remote chance)you happen to know ''Eagle82'', tell him to wind his fucking neck in.

momo88 said:
cmdub said:
stony said:
I fucking hate Pullis and his brand of anti-football.
its fucking ridiculous dude, u come there and play that way looking only to get a point and u get nothing. why people continue to hire him is beyond me. he should only be getting jobs as a defensive assistant anymore as its laughable the brand of football he employs

The problem with him is that always the same thing and doens't work for the long term imean parking the bus everytime will not get you points so what will happen when palace will have to develop the play against lesser sides !

But parking the bus IS the best way to pick up points against superior opposition. If they had to play us 40 times, they would pick up more points on the whole by ptb than 'going for it', so playing the odds the tactics were correct. It is, however, necessary to alter those tactics when playing teams closer to your own ability, which is where Pulis always falls short - he only knows one way to play, and it's those games that cost him.

croftonglazier said:
Palace fan here guys and I sense the major frustration with our performance yesterday. However, hasn't it got to be expected when you've trounced the likes of Spurs and hit Arsenal for six? I work in an office full of Spuds and Arsenal fans and can go to work tomorrow with a sense of achievement, albeit gained by "parking the bus." We are a small club, we got promotion unexpectedly, we weren't ready, Holloway splashed £20m on a number of hasbeens in the summer and if we can survive this year, against the odds, hopefully next year we will come back and play more openly. Three years ago I waited outside Lloyds in London for our club to be saved and three years down the line we're playing at fantastic stadia like yours and watching the cream of world football. Your ground is fantastic, the atmosphere generated from both sides in the lower tier was amazing, and at least you've still got some soul. At Chelski's Stamford Bridge two weeks ago I paid over £80 for seats for me and my 16 year old and we did open up more but the place was dead. Chelski have lost their soul, you haven't. You've got a great stadium, fantastic support and I and many other Palace fans stand in awe at the way you've moved forward so quickly. I will never forget at Selhurst on the last day of the season in 1990 when the Blues unfurled a massive banner wishing us good luck in the Cup Final against United. It was a 16 hour round trip for me and my 16 year old yesterday and whilst you guys were frustrated as we "shut up shop" we still created a few chances and can hold our heads up high in a city of Chelski, Spurs and Arsenal supporters. Must admit I still miss Maine Road with that massive high terrace alongside one side of the ground but at least the Etihad still has atmosphere. Whenever we play Manure we have coach after coach passing us on the motorway with Exeter Reds or something obscure on the side and yesterday I didn't see one such coach of City supporters. Palace supporters come from South London just like City supporters are mainly from Manchester. Anyway for what it's worth I really hope you win the league and keep the soul in that stadium! If we survive my son and I will be back next year. We fully expected a tonking and will probably get one next time if we do play more openly but we both fully enjoyed the experience. Sorry for spoiling your day but at least you got the points - we just wanted to keep our goal difference down ! All the best.

It was certainly the poorest game I've watched at the Etihad this season by some way but to be honest I doubt there would have been as much negativity on here if Pulis hadn't come out with his usual bitter rubbish and Eagledan hadn't tried to wind people up with his classless contribution.

You sound a decent fan as I am sure the vast majority of long-term fans are. I have no axe to grind with Palace, it is your manager. I understand that you need to do what you can to stay up but there are plenty of managers out there with limited resources that still try to play attractive football. You might not be challenging for champions league but can you honestly say you wouldn't rather be playing like Swansea or Southampton?

I know a number of Stoke fans and by the end many were saying they would sooner go down again than endure anymore of Pulis's football. If the ends (staying up) continually justify the means (thuggish, joyless, mind-numbing football) then are you really any more principled than the clubs some of your high-minded fans take to criticising?

No problem at all with the way Palace approached the game. I didn't like that the keeper got away with wasting so much time from goal kicks though. As for the atmosphere, well it was to be expected coming 48hrs after a big game like the Liverpool one. The players looked lethargic and the fans didn't get going either. I bet if Palace play a championship team at home in the cup, there won't be much excitement about the place, which it was like for city fans with Palace coming to the Etihad. Maybe we are spoilt now, but I think it is human nature that when you expect to win games you just expect it to happen and don't quite get the same buzz going to a game.

Had Marriner applied the laws of the game to what went on in the penalty area Palace wouldn't have gone home with a 1-0. At every corner and we had near a dozen, Palace CB had Vinnie in a torso-lock before the fuckin' ball was in the quadrant! He must have watched the gulagmeister Skrtel in midweek and thought that would be a great tactic!

was quite tense. We weren't at our best after playing less then 48 hours after a titanic clash vs Liverpool . Palace played very well, and I think they can stay up with Pulis. I was pretty nervous all match, but thankfully we won.

Player ratings for me:
hart-8/10 - A clean sheet and another amazing performance, even after he took a bad hit under the eye. Hopefully it heals fast without any infection.
Boyata-6/10 - Clearly isn't a RB. Got beaten by their player far too often and offered nothing going up.
Kompnay 7.5/10 Didn't have too much work to do, but tried starting attacks.
Nasty- 7/10 Also solid, didn't put a foot wrong
Clichy - 6.5/10 Could've attacked more, as he didn't have too much defensive work
Fernandinho - 8/10 - He was our star player until he was subbed off. Did everything perfect, sadly didn't score, even though he opened up some fantastic chances for himself
Garcia - 7/10 - Didn't nothing wrong, except being outpaced at the start of the game. Having said he did nothing wrong, he didn't do much good either.
navas - 7.5/10 Floated in a few crosses, but was suffocated with no overlapping support. If I remember well he gave the assist for Dzeko
Silva - 7/10 - Tried opening a route to goal, but an overall average performance. Picked up an unnecessary yellow and now will miss the Swansea game
Milner - 7/10 Solid display, first trying to open the scoring, then at RB. Came off with a knock..
Dzeko - 7.5/10 - Match winning goal, also his 50th for City

Negredo- 7/10 - Didn't see too much of the ball, but kept the Palace defence more occupied
Kolarov - 6.5/10 Added a bit of attacking threat, but nothing exceptional
Nasri - 7/10 - Tried finding space to open play up

This KUNT Pulis only sets his sides up to defend against us never seen it against any of the other top clubs he is just a bitter BaconChops dick sucker

Just having another read of their forum, bitter set of bastards, never mind when they get relegated they can go back to supporting their other team, and judging by some of the comments and in jokes I would hazard that other team would be the rags

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.