City v Palace Post Match Thread

Eagle82 said:
Eagle dan in peace here and back from the game. Wow! What short memories most of you have. Its wasnt that long ago you guys were below us in league 2 with your hero 'the goat' missing sitters. id have expected these comments from scummy utd fans who havent seen real football like you and i down in the lesser leagues but it seems most of you have turned into them, remember your only up there now cos of your sheak owners.
Oh of course our team that only just survived administration 3 years ago and cost less than 7mill should come to eitead (franchise) and try and outplay £350 million pounds worth of talent. We'd get destroyed. That's what footballs about tactics, passion, remember the magic of fa cup. But seems you've forgotten. I'd take my little palace run by 4 real fans and a shitty stadium over yours any day. It's more fun when you upset the big boys even if you don't win. Your support used to be one of the best I witnessed, yesterday it was like a library, any noise I did here were moans at dzeko. But the goat was better. So proud of our club today. Players and fans were amazing

I would suggest the lack of atmosphere yesterday was pretty much down to the style of play Pulis adopted, I have honestly never seen a goalkeeper talked to about time wasting 10 minutes into a game. We were in the same situation as you for years when we played United etc but we always gave it a good go. You don't have to strangle the joy out of the game just because one club has more resources, at the end of the day it is sport that people are playing hard earned money for.

I'd be interested to see if you feel the same way after a season or 2 of Pulis. City fans have nothing against Palace it's Pulis we can't abide, I have come close to slitting my wrists watching his Stole team play us over the years (both pre and post our financial good fortune) . You also need to remember that Pulis has an almighty chip on his shoulder as he never gets put in the frame to manage a big team despot the fact that he really rates himself. Yes he kept Stoke up but in the end even their fans found it too high a price to watch his team week in week out. Good luck with staying up but rather you than me paying money to watch Pulis every week.

Eagle82 said:
Eagle dan in peace here and back from the game. Wow! What short memories most of you have. Its wasnt that long ago you guys were below us in league 2 with your hero 'the goat' missing sitters. id have expected these comments from scummy utd fans who havent seen real football like you and i down in the lesser leagues but it seems most of you have turned into them, remember your only up there now cos of your sheak owners.
Oh of course our team that only just survived administration 3 years ago and cost less than 7mill should come to eitead (franchise) and try and outplay £350 million pounds worth of talent. We'd get destroyed. That's what footballs about tactics, passion, remember the magic of fa cup. But seems you've forgotten. I'd take my little palace run by 4 real fans and a shitty stadium over yours any day. It's more fun when you upset the big boys even if you don't win. Your support used to be one of the best I witnessed, yesterday it was like a library, any noise I did here were moans at dzeko. But the goat was better. So proud of our club today. Players and fans were amazing

Another jumped up prick of an away fan. Your team is now among the most negative in world football. If your happy with that, your an idiot.

One of the reason our fans were flat today was the negative anti football and time wasting from your team.

As for your fans celebrating a half time score of 0-0 like the world cup final and also being silent for large parts of the second half doesn't make you great.

Now fuck off you dick

alblue said:
Eagle82 said:

Another jumped up prick of an away fan. Your team is now among the most negative in world football. If your happy with that, your an idiot.

One of the reason our fans were flat today was the negative anti football and time wasting from your team.

As for your fans celebrating a half time score of 0-0 like the world cup final and also being silent for large parts of the second half doesn't make you great.

Now fuck off you dick
now look, if he's that deprived that he was proud of his team yesterday, we should be showing him pity and not scorn.

Eagle82 said:

What made you more proud??
1. Spermonly time wasting 5 mins in..or
2. Spermonly taking goal kicks and free kicks to the Benny Hill theme with 5 mins left??

Crystal Pulis...Match made in heaven..

I personally was very magnaminous about Palace yesterday and texted a couple of Eagles fans i know wishing them well for the rest of the season and complimenting them on their improvement under Pulis.

Then I hear Pulis after the game and come on here and read such wank from their dick fans.

Fuck em. Hope you drop.

aguero93:20 said:
alblue said:
Eagle82 said:

Now fuck off you dick
now look, if he's that deprived that he was proud of his team yesterday, we should be showing him pity and not scorn.

True! Haha

There was nothing wrong with Palace's approach. Their time wasting was measured and was more about taking momentum from the game than anything else.

Really impressed with Jedinak, who for me was man of the match. Their whole team put in a tremendous effort. We were the better side overall but they gave us a game.

I hated it when teams were beaten before they got on the pitch at the swamp. I hope Palace stay up. I'd like to pinch Jedinak, though I'd play him as centre half and I'd play him alongside Vinnie.

croftonglazier said:
Palace fan here guys and I sense the major frustration with our performance yesterday. However, hasn't it got to be expected when you've trounced the likes of Spurs and hit Arsenal for six? I work in an office full of Spuds and Arsenal fans and can go to work tomorrow with a sense of achievement, albeit gained by "parking the bus." We are a small club, we got promotion unexpectedly, we weren't ready, Holloway splashed £20m on a number of hasbeens in the summer and if we can survive this year, against the odds, hopefully next year we will come back and play more openly. Three years ago I waited outside Lloyds in London for our club to be saved and three years down the line we're playing at fantastic stadia like yours and watching the cream of world football. Your ground is fantastic, the atmosphere generated from both sides in the lower tier was amazing, and at least you've still got some soul. At Chelski's Stamford Bridge two weeks ago I paid over £80 for seats for me and my 16 year old and we did open up more but the place was dead. Chelski have lost their soul, you haven't. You've got a great stadium, fantastic support and I and many other Palace fans stand in awe at the way you've moved forward so quickly. I will never forget at Selhurst on the last day of the season in 1990 when the Blues unfurled a massive banner wishing us good luck in the Cup Final against United. It was a 16 hour round trip for me and my 16 year old yesterday and whilst you guys were frustrated as we "shut up shop" we still created a few chances and can hold our heads up high in a city of Chelski, Spurs and Arsenal supporters. Must admit I still miss Maine Road with that massive high terrace alongside one side of the ground but at least the Etihad still has atmosphere. Whenever we play Manure we have coach after coach passing us on the motorway with Exeter Reds or something obscure on the side and yesterday I didn't see one such coach of City supporters. Palace supporters come from South London just like City supporters are mainly from Manchester. Anyway for what it's worth I really hope you win the league and keep the soul in that stadium! If we survive my son and I will be back next year. We fully expected a tonking and will probably get one next time if we do play more openly but we both fully enjoyed the experience. Sorry for spoiling your day but at least you got the points - we just wanted to keep our goal difference down ! All the best.

At last! A Palace fan with something sensible to say.

croftonglazier said:
Palace fan here guys and I sense the major frustration with our performance yesterday. However, hasn't it got to be expected when you've trounced the likes of Spurs and hit Arsenal for six? I work in an office full of Spuds and Arsenal fans and can go to work tomorrow with a sense of achievement, albeit gained by "parking the bus." We are a small club, we got promotion unexpectedly, we weren't ready, Holloway splashed £20m on a number of hasbeens in the summer and if we can survive this year, against the odds, hopefully next year we will come back and play more openly. Three years ago I waited outside Lloyds in London for our club to be saved and three years down the line we're playing at fantastic stadia like yours and watching the cream of world football. Your ground is fantastic, the atmosphere generated from both sides in the lower tier was amazing, and at least you've still got some soul. At Chelski's Stamford Bridge two weeks ago I paid over £80 for seats for me and my 16 year old and we did open up more but the place was dead. Chelski have lost their soul, you haven't. You've got a great stadium, fantastic support and I and many other Palace fans stand in awe at the way you've moved forward so quickly. I will never forget at Selhurst on the last day of the season in 1990 when the Blues unfurled a massive banner wishing us good luck in the Cup Final against United. It was a 16 hour round trip for me and my 16 year old yesterday and whilst you guys were frustrated as we "shut up shop" we still created a few chances and can hold our heads up high in a city of Chelski, Spurs and Arsenal supporters. Must admit I still miss Maine Road with that massive high terrace alongside one side of the ground but at least the Etihad still has atmosphere. Whenever we play Manure we have coach after coach passing us on the motorway with Exeter Reds or something obscure on the side and yesterday I didn't see one such coach of City supporters. Palace supporters come from South London just like City supporters are mainly from Manchester. Anyway for what it's worth I really hope you win the league and keep the soul in that stadium! If we survive my son and I will be back next year. We fully expected a tonking and will probably get one next time if we do play more openly but we both fully enjoyed the experience. Sorry for spoiling your day but at least you got the points - we just wanted to keep our goal difference down ! All the best.

I don't think anybody was expecting palace to give us an open game and in fairness your tactics were to be expected given your league position and the fact goal difference may well play a part in your PL survival. I think what most city fans are upset about is your manager coming across all moral and using the money excuse again, suggesting there is something virtuous about setting your team up to play anti football despite fans of both clubs paying good money to watch it....in truth he could have done us all a favour and just agreed to the 1 nil loss before kickoff, at least that way we could have all done something more worthwhile.

Good luck with the rest of your season, hope you get a proper manager at some point. You fans yesterday were a real credit to your club, turned out in numbers and sang throughout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.