City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
regista said:
Barker said:
regista said:
Crystal Palace got themselves out of the relegation zone. They are in good form. However they'll be tired on Saturday. I say, give the kids a chance. Lopes, Fafana, Boyata, etc.

898249_Champions_League_Team.jpg
Are you crazy? We're playing a Premier League team fighting for their lives, not some League One side in the Capital One Cup.

i doubt theyre thinking about stealing the three points. i think theyll play some kids as well.
You think a team that are hovering above the relegation zone will come to the Etihad and play kids? They aren't just going to bend over that easily. Deary me.

Barker said:
regista said:
Barker said:
Are you crazy? We're playing a Premier League team fighting for their lives, not some League One side in the Capital One Cup.

i doubt theyre thinking about stealing the three points. i think theyll play some kids as well.
You think a team that are hovering above the relegation zone will come to the Etihad and play kids? They aren't just going to bend over that easily. Deary me.

crystal palace will think that getting a result at the etihad will be impossible. they will rest their best players for the clash against norwich on the 1st of january.

Hart

Zaba
Komp
Lescott (would love to see Denayer get a start)
Clichy

Fernandinho/Yaya
Garcia
Rodwell

Milner
Dzeko
Nasri

Jovetic and Guidetti on the bench

Plaything of the gods said:
Would love 3 points from this one and be top of the PL at New Year, but this is just the sort of 'easy' game we might flop at. It has to happen some time.
umm, no it doesn't actually.

regista said:
Barker said:
regista said:

crystal palace will think that getting a result at the etihad will be impossible. they will rest their best players for the clash against norwich on the 1st of january.
Trust me. They won't. They can't afford to rest their best players. Your underestimation of the opposition is very disrespectful. We'll probably win, yes, but to go into a game thinking a team in a relegation dog fight are just going to lie down and take it is ridiculous. If anything, they're aim will be not to lose and to concede as few goals as possible.

Team for Palace

Hart
Zab (If only there was someone else)
Kompany (been out for a long time, so it may prove easier for him, Captain must play)
Nasty (If he was on the bench then he must be nearly ready)
Clichy

Milner
Rodwell (time to step up)
Nasri (only played 60 mins)

Jovetic (About time we saw what he can do if he is fit)
Dzeko (Surely good enough for Palace)
Silva (If he only gives us 45 mins Navas can do the other 45)

Yaya and Ferdy both need a rest so could be on the bench in case the wheel comes off.

Barker said:
regista said:
Barker said:

Trust me. They won't. You're underestimation of the opposition is very disrespectful. We'll probably win, yes, but to go into a game thinking a team in a relegation dog fight are just going to lie down and take it is ridiculous. If anything, they're aim will be not to lose and to concede as few goals as possible.

if it was a home game for them, they'd go for it, but because this is an away game, they will come to lose. norwich is the game theyre focused on.

regista said:
Barker said:
regista said:
Trust me. They won't. You're underestimation of the opposition is very disrespectful. We'll probably win, yes, but to go into a game thinking a team in a relegation dog fight are just going to lie down and take it is ridiculous. If anything, they're aim will be not to lose and to concede as few goals as possible.

if it was a home game for them, they'd go for it, but because this is an away game, they will come to lose. norwich is the game theyre focused on.
Like I said, if anything they'll come and defend. Trying to concede as few goals as possible in the process of trying not to lose. If you think and Premier League team goes into a game to lose it then you know nothing about football. They have to pick up as many points as possible and GD counts a lot down in that part of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.