City V PSG ticket Prices: Club Statement

The online ticketing for disabled and ambulant users is atrocious. Always has been, and doesn't show any signs of getting any better

It could be argued that it is discriminatory. They told me three years ago that it is necessary to allocate additional seats for the wheelchair pushers. Anyone who uses the lifts for any reason gets listed as disabled and therefore has join the telephone queue to do any business with the ticket office and although they do not make a booking charge for myself, they do it if I book for my family.

Another £2.50 is taking the piss.

Afraid of success. That's what it is.

55 quid for the top ticket isn't extortionate now that I've had time to think about it.

It's a one off game. It's cost the clubs owners a hell of a lot of money to get us to this point. Do people think this comes for free?

This goes deeper than the cost of a ticket for one match
thats 1 ticket what if you want to bring a couple of kids, 100 pounds, roughly ,thats not right

was you this unhappy last year when the tickets for Barcelona Last 16 were announced? if so then fair play, if not then why?

Don't understand the media attention this time round. Most of us won't be paying '60' either.

There are many other factors to be taken in to account.

Yes, I did pay £50 to go to the Barca game. At the time I thought it was expensive, but I don't remember there being widespread outrage at the time like there is for this game? Perhaps you'll correct me if I'm mistaken on that.

I think the reason there wasn't such outrage at the time is because had a 45,000 capacity at the time, which sold out for near enough every league game. The game would have been close to selling out at £50 a ticket, and would have definitely sold out at £35 a ticket, so I could kind of understand why the club charged a premium.

We now have a 55,000 capacity stadium that rarely sells out for league games. It has never yet sold out for a Champions League game. There are regularly 10-15k empty seats on Champions League nights, and the atmosphere is usually flat and lifeless. There is absolutely no chance we will come close to selling this game out at £60. A good attendance for this game at those prices would be 45k, personally I think it will be closer to 40k.

The demand simply isn't there. Whether it's because PSG aren't as big an attraction as Barca and Messi, or if it's just financially after a cup final fans are feeling the pinch, there is widespread dismay at the pricing.

When the prices were released for the PSG game were released, my reaction was probably much the same as when they were released for Barca. It's more than I'd like to pay, but I'll probably pay the premium for the big game.

Then when I saw the outrage on here, saw the statement from Kevin Parker and the 1894 group, it was clear there was huge, widespread dissatisfaction with the pricing. I expected the club to respond like Liverpool did the other week, with open ears and understanding towards fan's concern. Instead they came out with their arrogant and aloof statement, basically saying "That's capitalism, baby".

That just sums up the current executive team at City, they really don't give a toss about normal fan's views on a whole range of issues. They don't engage with us, they don't allow us to give them negative feedback, and when they do, they don't listen, they just come back with arrogant and aloof statements. They really don't give a toss about our traditional support that has been there for 120 years. They're on to bigger and better things in their eyes, expanding the fan base in the US, China, around the globe. They're far more concerned with fans in Atlanta, Georgia than Longsight, Manchester. They're more bothered about appeasing fans in Guangzou than Gorton.

The reason I'm pissed off about the club on this is simple. As I keep repeating: They could quite easily sell this game out at £35. Have 55k Blues roaring the team on, a full house for the first time in the Champions League. A night to remember in a season to forget, get fans engaged with the Champions League for the first time, start creating our own "magical European nights under the lights". Instead they chose to charge £60 and we'll be lucky to get 40k there. They've taken that decision knowing full well it won't come close to selling out, but they will make themselves an extra few hundred grand. But it will end up being worse for the fans, and worse for the team playing to a flat, half empty stadium. I hope they're happy with themselves.

Worth remembering also that they have already made quite a few million in prize money by reaching stage. And stand to make a few more million if we get to the semi finals.

There are many other factors to be taken in to account.

Yes, I did pay £50 to go to the Barca game. At the time I thought it was expensive, but I don't remember there being widespread outrage at the time like there is for this game? Perhaps you'll correct me if I'm mistaken on that.

I think the reason there wasn't such outrage at the time is because had a 45,000 capacity at the time, which sold out for near enough every league game. The game would have been close to selling out at £50 a ticket, and would have definitely sold out at £35 a ticket, so I could kind of understand why the club charged a premium.

We now have a 55,000 capacity stadium that rarely sells out for league games. It has never yet sold out for a Champions League game. There are regularly 10-15k empty seats on Champions League nights, and the atmosphere is usually flat and lifeless. There is absolutely no chance we will come close to selling this game out at £60. A good attendance for this game at those prices would be 45k, personally I think it will be closer to 40k.

The demand simply isn't there. Whether it's because PSG aren't as big an attraction as Barca and Messi, or if it's just financially after a cup final fans are feeling the pinch, there is widespread dismay at the pricing.

When the prices were released for the PSG game were released, my reaction was probably much the same as when they were released for Barca. It's more than I'd like to pay, but I'll probably pay the premium for the big game.

Then when I saw the outrage on here, saw the statement from Kevin Parker and the 1894 group, it was clear there was huge, widespread dissatisfaction with the pricing. I expected the club to respond like Liverpool did the other week, with open ears and understanding towards fan's concern. Instead they came out with their arrogant and aloof statement, basically saying "That's capitalism, baby".

That just sums up the current executive team at City, they really don't give a toss about normal fan's views on a whole range of issues. They don't engage with us, they don't allow us to give them negative feedback, and when they do, they don't listen, they just come back with arrogant and aloof statements. They really don't give a toss about our traditional support that has been there for 120 years. They're on to bigger and better things in their eyes, expanding the fan base in the US, China, around the globe. They're far more concerned with fans in Atlanta, Georgia than Longsight, Manchester. They're more bothered about appeasing fans in Guangzou than Gorton.

The reason I'm pissed off about the club on this is simple. As I keep repeating: They could quite easily sell this game out at £35. Have 55k Blues roaring the team on, a full house for the first time in the Champions League. A night to remember in a season to forget, get fans engaged with the Champions League for the first time, start creating our own "magical European nights under the lights". Instead they chose to charge £60 and we'll be lucky to get 40k there. They've taken that decision knowing full well it won't come close to selling out, but they will make themselves an extra few hundred grand. But it will end up being worse for the fans, and worse for the team playing to a flat, half empty stadium. I hope they're happy with themselves.

Superb article although the comment about rarely selling out home league games is wrong, most home tickets for virtually all the league games have sold out. About half of the games city fans have filled the Away section of SS3. The empty seats are in the main season ticket holders who for whatever reason have not turned up, our average gate is over 54000, the seating availability is around 54600 and the shortfall is mainly away sides not selling their allocation.

Like I say what you say is spot on but those faceless suits don't give a shit sadly and any changes will only come about due to bad publicity for them.

Absolutely nail on the head..

55 quid for the top ticket isn't extortionate now that I've had time to think about it.

It's a one off game. It's cost the clubs owners a hell of a lot of money to get us to this point. Do people think this comes for free?

It's a one off game, the likes of which we all hope will become more and more frequent, the more successful we become. Unfortunately, it seems fewer and fewr of us will be able to keep up with the prices, and so we'll fall by the wayside.

Afraid of success? No. Afraid of the apparently extortionate cost of success.

No we don't have the fan base of the clubs you mention, we have a smaller hardcore and very few day trippers, our supporter base is less affluent and many quite simply can't afford it and the game is in all likelihood going to be well short of capacity because we don't have enough casual fans to take up the slack.
You forget Kiam is a super fan. And just imagine how big a blue he will become when puberty kicks in.

It's not cost them anything. They are well in profit if the 13% value the Chinese paid is anything to go by. They've doubled their money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.