City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the beauty of football is the unpredictability of it,so everyone thinking City only have to turn up and it's 3pts may look very foolish come 10pm Tuesday night.

Getting the 1st goal is key. Always is. In this game even more so as they are short of confidence. Had they scored first against Liverpool it would have been a different game

I'd be disappointed with a point, but it wouldn't be that bad a result. It would take us a point closer to Chelsea and still leave us with games in hand (Sunderland and Villa at home I think).

Don't think I have ever been more confident about a city win v the rags at the swamp. If we have half the chances Olympiakos had we will be out of sight. The thought of Carrick as centre half, giggs/cleverly/fellaini in midfield against Silva, Nasri, Yaya, and Fernandinho, fills me full of joy. With Navas to come on and further terrorise them, can not see anything other than a city win.
Come on City, play like you did at the Etihad, and they wont be able to live with us.

jake28 said:
Part of the beauty of football is the unpredictability of it,so everyone thinking City only have to turn up and it's 3pts may look very foolish come 10pm Tuesday night.

Are you hoping we are all wrong then ?

tiptopcheshireblue said:
Don't think I have ever been more confident about a city win v the rags at the swamp. If we have half the chances Olympiakos had we will be out of sight. The thought of Carrick as centre half, giggs/cleverly/fellaini in midfield against Silva, Nasri, Yaya, and Fernandinho, fills me full of joy. With Navas to come on and further terrorise them, can not see anything other than a city win.
Come on City, play like you did at the Etihad, and they wont be able to live with us.

Exactly we're better all over the park. For all those saying yeah but we beat them when we were shit.
We had fight.

Over 40 years of derby watching and I'll still be shitting it on matchday. Don't think that will ever change.

I predict a very close game that could go either way. A draw not the end of the world. Just hope Michael Oliver stands up to the intimidation that's going to come his way off those rag fuckers Rughead and co.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
jake28 said:

Are you hoping we are all wrong then ?
;-)

ifiwasarichfan said:
Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Manchester United this season ? - A Train crash. Moyes may well have performed to the best of his abilities for all we know. Taggert left him with a seriously flawed squad.

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

With Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero forming the spine. I think its a yes.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

They have nearly all been good. Massive improvements in Kolorov and Nasri.

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Too many candidates - going back to the days of Crerand and Macari. Roy Keane and Ferdinand though truly represent everything that is despicable in a modern Footballer.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

He has done very well so far. We may win the Champions League one day but it isn't the be all and end all for most of our fans. Also, it isn't a reflection on how good a manager is. Remember Tony Barton and Roberto De Matteo !

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

It used to be the biggest game of the season, now its just another big game.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Denis Law Backheel Day. 1974. I also have a soft spot for the one where Michael Ball stamps on Ronaldo and gets away with it.

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

What's atmosphere ?

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

We play Tuesday !! - I think we will win.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

My question.

Why would you leave Red Cafe ?

Its provided me with endless hours of entertainment these past weeks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevywV4XP14[/youtube]

magic

Nothing wrong with being confident - we're clearly better - but some people have become a bit arrogant and seem to think it will be routine. Since when have normal rules applied in the derby? The gulf in talent was bigger here:

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Vidic, Ferdinand, O'Shea (Carrick 73), Nani (Park 64), Scholes, Anderson (Hargreaves 73), Giggs, Ronaldo, Tevez.
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Simpson.

Goals: Carrick 90.

Man City: Hart, Onuoha, Richards, Dunne, Ball, Vassell, Ireland, Hamann (Jihai 84), Gelson, Petrov (Garrido 87), Mwaruwari (Caicedo 75).
Subs Not Used: Isaksson, Geovanni.

Goals: Vassell 25, Mwaruwari 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.