City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Blue said:
Over 40 years of derby watching and I'll still be shitting it on matchday. Don't think that will ever change.

I predict a very close game that could go either way. A draw not the end of the world. Just hope Michael Oliver stands up to the intimidation that's going to come his way off those rag fuckers Rughead and co.

Yep. Can absolutely relate to this!

Hope we smash them to shut the arse licking media up. Back pages of the papers yet again. Anyone would have thought they'd won the cup or something.

For me this is a must win game and the game negredo comes back to life. Out of the two if were tarting one up I'd go for him. Preferably we will play him and dzeko.

Aguero will be a big loss for us on Tuesday. Sir Alex and I have a slightly different opinion when it comes to assessing the attributes of Phil Jones, he thinks Jones will be the greatest player Man U has ever seen, and I think he's a fucking carthorse. Suarez turned him every which way and back last week and Sergio has always had the upper hand on him. Put him up against Dzeko or Alvaro and he'll be far more comfortable than against a smaller, quicker more mobile striker. That said, we have better players in every department, with the exception of De Gea and Rooney, none of Man U's 'best 11' would find a place in our team. But it's a derby and anything can happen, just hope we score first, and second, and third etc etc

Astley Lad said:
Aguero will be a big loss for us on Tuesday. Sir Alex and I have a slightly different opinion when it comes to assessing the attributes of Phil Jones, he thinks Jones will be the greatest player Man U has ever seen, and I think he's a fucking carthorse. Suarez turned him every which way and back last week and Sergio has always had the upper hand on him. Put him up against Dzeko or Alvaro and he'll be far more comfortable than against a smaller, quicker more mobile striker. That said, we have better players in every department, with the exception of De Gea and Rooney, none of Man U's 'best 11' would find a place in our team. But it's a derby and anything can happen, just hope we score first, and second, and third etc etc

completely agree Jones is the most overated player in the prem and thought so from his first united game

Jono10 said:
I want us to go out and press them all over the pitch. Don't give them a second. The amount of times Liverpool nicked the ball of there midfield and went onto attack was countless. Milner and clichy to start with navas to come on against an old tired evra. The only thing that worries me is lack of pace up front with kun injured. Jones vidic will like the tussle with the big lads of dzeko and negredo and there weak link is pace through the massive holes in there back line. Win the battle/work rate and our quality wins us the game. Simple :)

Vidic is suspended

Astley Lad said:
Just let Jovetic have a run at him

pudge said:
Astley Lad said:
Just let Jovetic have a run at him

Agree, he looked shit hot when he came on against fulham, but that will likely mean dropping Milner who has been excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.