City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rascal said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
zandvoort blue said:
Who will Sky have as their studio pundits, I`m going for:

Missing father Dwight Yorke (Rag connection)
Schmeichel (City connection)
Redknapp (neutral, but as firmly pro scouse will be right behind the Rags)
What a sad reflection on the way our club is represented in the media that the above could very well be true.

You missed out Paddy Crerand for an unbiased view
Crerand at nine in the morning speaks more sense that Dwight Yorke at any point in the day tbf.

2 choices for MP imo...

1. Start Garcia in front of back 4 and alloow Yaya and Fern to play further forward, keeping it tight initially, whilst having firepower on bench to attack them after the break.

2. Go for the fuckers straight from the off, playing Navas up against Evra, with Nasri in behind either Dzeko or Beast.

Seeing as Javi stayed on the bench yesterday it wouldn't surprise me if MP went for option 1.

They seem surprisingly confident, even bullish based on the cafe. The pattern this season again and again has been them getting a few results vs piss teams and then without fail always losing when they meet a half decent team (excluding Arsenal who are soft as butter).

I remember when they went on that first good run towards the end of the year, and then Spurs went to OT and beat them for example. Anyway, some feel you will be vulnerable to pace, that Dimichelis can be taken advantage of, and also that your left side might be your glass jaw.

They'll be up for it (were they up for it against us?) but so will you--no chance you guys come out flat, if you do I'll very surprised.

This is not like before the Chelsea game where you were mostly overconfident, here there is a huge gulf in class and Moyes is not as astute as Mourinho.

1-3 comfortable City win.

Question:

1. Will Yaya play with Fernandinho, or will he line up further up in an advanced attacking role?
2. Is Carrick playing for them in defense again?

Rascal said:
What a sad reflection on the way our club is represented in the media that the above could very well be true.

You missed out Paddy Crerand for an unbiased view
Crerand at nine in the morning speaks more sense that Dwight Yorke at any point in the day tbf.

PCIAC

East15East said:
Would be good to see Aguero back

We have enough without him

Zab, Kompany, Demi, Kolerov

Fernandinho, Toure,

Milner, Silva, Nasri

Jovetic

1 - 3

Id go for that team too.. this game is made for Jovetic to weave through them.

samharris said:
East15East said:

Fernandinho, Toure,

Milner, Silva, Nasri

Jovetic

1 - 3

Sounds good but I think we need a bit more muscle that Negredo can provide and I think there are massive questions over Jovetic's fitness. Would like to see same as Fulham - Milner can have a field day at the swamp!

Real Madrid vs Barcelona might be El Classico, but the Manchester derby is the dog's bollocks.

I'll be watching this from the Stretford end as usual and I'm fully expecting to be surrounded by pissed off, miserable rags at the end.

samharris said:
East15East said:

Fernandinho, Toure,

Milner, Silva, Nasri

Jovetic

1 - 3

Until he falls over injured :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.