City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaineDAWG2008 said:
what if its a draw or we lose? what will the reaction be like. just asking.... will posters on here call for Pellers to go?

Anyhows Its our only hope. There are no ifs or buts. Win tomorrow and saturday or consider us out of the title race.

That's always the inevitable.

I do think if we draw or lose this then we have to beat Arsenal and Liverpool, and if the poster above is correct with saying we will have two draws in our next two fixtures then that's the title over.

sam-caddick said:
mammutly said:
I don't see this as a really tough fixture for us. As fans we invest a massive amount in the match but the teams approach it in a professional way, just as they do every other game.
Utd have a lot of injury problems at the back and Vidic is suspended. There's every reason to be confident about getting the result. I think we will win it comfortably.

We have beaten exceptional United sides with a worse side than what United have at the moment, form goes out of the window on derby day.

It's simply a must win game though.

I think form did go out of the window in days gone by. But league football particularly is much more technical now. The games between us and Chelsea and Liverpool have been very close because there's very little between the sides. But Utd are not a good team this season and go in to this game missing 3 key players. Not taking anything for granted, but I do expect us to win.

although we arent playing as fluently and banging dozens of goals in , we look better defensively , ironic that the pundits are slagging MDM at every opportunity , but we are keeping clean sheets (4 on the trot in the league) , so if we nick an early goal our back 4 will look after the rags. The only chance the rags have is the fact shrek is capable of a flukey shinner or refereeing the game and getting a player sent off.

sam-caddick said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
what if its a draw or we lose? what will the reaction be like. just asking.... will posters on here call for Pellers to go?

Anyhows Its our only hope. There are no ifs or buts. Win tomorrow and saturday or consider us out of the title race.

That's always the inevitable.

I do think if we draw or lose this then we have to beat Arsenal and Liverpool, and if the poster above is correct with saying we will have two draws in our next two fixtures then that's the title over.
We were out of it in October according to a lot of people on here,lost too many aways etc,nothing is over til its fucking impossible to win it

sam-caddick said:
I reckon it will be Giggs in midfield for them tomorrow after that performance against Olympiacos.
If lady luck smiles upon us :D
Less than 24 hours to go, appetite gone? Check! Hands starting to shake? Check! Sending taunts to every rag in phonebook? Check! Must be fucking derby day!

We should be able to dominate their midfield but with the absence of RVP moyes will be forced to play 5 in there which ultimately will benefit them

The dangers from them come fron us playing too high and letting rooney run in behind and also set pieces where Fellani can cause us problems as well.

If we had Kun available and fit then Id be ultra confident but i just think that the slower negrado/dzeko (whoever MP decides to play) will suit there back 4 more even if it is a weaker back 4.....and the physical fight that these two rely on will also suit the likes of Jones or even carrick (if it is him who plays there)

Id play negrado as at least with him you know you are going to get 100% effort whereas with Dzeko you just cannt trust him to not go missing in games like this

simon23 said:
We should be able to dominate their midfield but with the absence of RVP moyes will be forced to play 5 in there which ultimately will benefit them

The dangers from them come fron us playing too high and letting rooney run in behind and also set pieces where Fellani can cause us problems as well.

If we had Kun available and fit then Id be ultra confident but i just think that the slower negrado/dzeko (whoever MP decides to play) will suit there back 4 more even if it is a weaker back 4.....and the physical fight that these two rely on will also suit the likes of Jones or even carrick (if it is him who plays there)

Id play negrado as at least with him you know you are going to get 100% effort whereas with Dzeko you just cannt trust him to not go missing in games like this

I would personally prefer it if Jovetic could get in 60 mins or so. He'd do a good impression of Kun...of course playing 60 mins for him would beat his record by 50 mins, so it might be wishful thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.