City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
Ric said:
United are obviously an average side at the moment, but it's far from a formality. It's a cliche, but anything can happen in a derby. We turned them over a few times under Keegan and Pearce when we were fairly shit and they were the best team in the country; now the tables are turned I'm taking nothing for granted.

Most of the team picks itself, but I think he'll choose Clichy over Kolarov at left back and Dzeko ahead of Negredo (assuming he's recovered from illness). Biggest question is who takes the remaining midfield spot. There are numerous tactical and positional permutations, but it could be anyone from Milner, Garcia, Navas and Jovetic.

I would start with Navas

Navas against Evra gives me a hard on and if we get a hold on the game and our noses in front then look to Milner to shore things up, Milner ran his bollocks off yesterday so i can't see him starting on Tuesday.

tbh Jimmy could run his bollocks off all day Monday and still be ready to run them off for 90 minutes on the Tuesday

ifiwasarichfan said:
Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Manchester United this season ? - A Train crash. Moyes may well have performed to the best of his abilities for all we know. Taggert left him with a seriously flawed squad.

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

With Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero forming the spine. I think its a yes.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

They have nearly all been good. Massive improvements in Kolorov and Nasri.

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Too many candidates - going back to the days of Crerand and Macari. Roy Keane and Ferdinand though truly represent everything that is despicable in a modern Footballer.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

He has done very well so far. We may win the Champions League one day but it isn't the be all and end all for most of our fans. Also, it isn't a reflection on how good a manager is. Remember Tony Barton and Roberto De Matteo !

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

It used to be the biggest game of the season, now its just another big game.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Denis Law Backheel Day. 1974. I also have a soft spot for the one where Michael Ball stamps on Ronaldo and gets away with it.

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

What's atmosphere ?

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

We play Tuesday !! - I think we will win.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

My question.

Why would you leave Red Cafe ?

Its provided me with endless hours of entertainment these past weeks.[/quote]

Careful fellow Blues. I think robbie1973 is Wee Davey looking for inside info.

I hate derbies. Anything can happen especially with it being the Rag's cup final and the deluded prick's believing they could nick 4th off the reigning 4th place Cup winners.
Going to be feeling increasingly sick right up to kick off. I wish it was over already. Seriously detest Shrek and family man Bryan. Watching the game will be agony - will only relax if we are 4 clear. God I hate it... has anyone got a spare, please?

jrb said:
Typical!

Rags hitting a bit of form just before the Derby.

2 up at West Ham and Mata playing in the No 10 role.

The penny has finally dropped for Davy.

In reality RVP's injury has forced Davy to play Mata in his preferred role.

Don't think it's going to be as easy as we'd hoped for on Tuesday.
This was excatly my fear and reasoning when a few were celebrating RVP being out for 6 weeks. This has now forced Wee Davey to do what was obvious to everyone barr him and drop one of RVP, Shrek or Mata as they can't fit into the same system. All the same #SOD (Through gritted teeth mind you).

MODS can you please shift this rags questions into its own topic?

Its get giving me fingerache on my phone and gets in the way of the usual hatred.

Oh and for you lot who are actively encouraging him....shame on you.

;)

mosssideblue said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Manchester United this season ? - A Train crash. Moyes may well have performed to the best of his abilities for all we know. Taggert left him with a seriously flawed squad.

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

With Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero forming the spine. I think its a yes.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

They have nearly all been good. Massive improvements in Kolorov and Nasri.

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Too many candidates - going back to the days of Crerand and Macari. Roy Keane and Ferdinand though truly represent everything that is despicable in a modern Footballer.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

He has done very well so far. We may win the Champions League one day but it isn't the be all and end all for most of our fans. Also, it isn't a reflection on how good a manager is. Remember Tony Barton and Roberto De Matteo !

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

It used to be the biggest game of the season, now its just another big game.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Denis Law Backheel Day. 1974. I also have a soft spot for the one where Michael Ball stamps on Ronaldo and gets away with it.

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

What's atmosphere ?

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

We play Tuesday !! - I think we will win.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

My question.

Why would you leave Red Cafe ?

Its provided me with endless hours of entertainment these past weeks.

Careful fellow Blues. I think robbie1973 is Wee Davey looking for inside info.[/quote]

Like it, a sense of humour before the game. Nice one Moss Side blue. As for being wee Davey, I don't I would like to be him. As for me being a Manc, my Great-grand Uncle was noneother than Len Johnson who used to fight at the Belle Vue in Manchester, since my mother grew up in Gorton it was only a few minutes away. Every Manc knows who Len Johnson is.

blue b4 the moon said:
MODS can you please shift this rags questions into its own topic?

Its get giving me fingerache on my phone and gets in the way of the usual hatred.

Oh and for you lot who are actively encouraging him....shame on you.

;)

I'll second that. Typical rag hijacking our topic. What's that saying? "If you can't beat them, join them".

Just a win, any kind will do.

I remember we took our foot off the gas against them after going 4-0 up and we let them outplay us for the last 20 or so minutes at our place. So they can play decent football if you give them a chance.

We need to be very wary of these pr*cks and just don't give them the luxury of time on the ball anywhere in our half and we'll be OK for a win.

unusually i am not nervous at all about this derby game , but the last time this happened was the FA Cup home 2-3 defeat , couldnt see them winning , then vinny gets sent off after 10 minutes and the rest is history . If we can keep 11 men on the pitch , (we need vinny,zabs and MDM to keep their heads)it is a formality , but it is a massive game for our raggy friends , this is their last opportunity to gain any pride for the season ,(we all know you can disregard the CL because Hollywood FC are going to tear them another one over 2 legs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.