City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the team picks itself...except the back two depending on Kompany situation. Hart Sagna Clichy Fernando Fernandinho Silva Navas KDB Aguero....no way Toure will be a starter and the same applies to Sterling.
How about Ian for Navas ? probably agree with you to try and cover Tranny but a part of me wants to say fuk it it's the semi go for it

Yip and all this bollocks about clean sheets couldn't care less as long as we score more than them over two legs which we are more than capable of..

I would be happy with 0-0 at home, 1-1 over there.

Its not that we aren't capable of beating them. The problem for City is that we haven't yet been successful when it comes to playing a first leg at home. Last year against Barca we were too open, conceded early goals. The year before we were too defensive, couldn't get into the game. Its about getting the balance right. Play with tempo but don't over commit. If its 0-0 after 60 mins I think Aguero and De Bruyne could nick a couple of goals, but I don't think that's essential. I'm confident that we will score in Madrid. But we need to make sure we're in the tie

It's clear and probably a good thing Real are favorites. Eliminating PSG has done us a world of good and especially the 2nd game saw us show maturity in the CL.
Keeping a blanc is the most important goal to set but in all honesty I can't see that happen. Nor can't I see us scoring home and away. A lot will depend on little coincidences as it often goes in the latter stages.

Not sure if I want Kompany to start. Maybe he was left out last Sats because the Real game comes too soon to get him match fit so Pellers wanted Otamendi and Mangala play together again. Yaya would be a huge surprise if he's in the lineup anywhere. Same for Sterling. We need however our top players being top and nullify theirs.

Wolfsburg was an underestimated team and madrid was physically tired after the classico win, meanwhile city have exposed their game plan and the press has overhyped players like de bryne, hence madrid won't underestimate them and you know what happens when Madrid mean business
Looks like I may as well not bother going now then.

These Madrid fans or whoever they really are/support are proper arrogant look down the nose jobbies.

If only FFP looked at debt and Government handouts.....

Kompany is still rusty and shouldn't be a starter imo, his past performance in this competition wasn't the best or better than Mangala+Otamendi as well.

Really looking forward to this game, to see how far we have progressed against one of the "Big Three" (I think Real Madrid are the lesser team compared to Bayern Munich and Barcelona at the moment).

I just hope the game isn't ruined by cheating or bad refereeing decisions, so long as we win or lose fairly then I'm just happy we've got this far in the competition to be honest.

Hope it's a high quality game to watch, regardless of the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.