City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope to Christ that the comments on BBC about 'fitness concerns' regarding Clichy are wrong.

Looks like I may as well not bother going now then.

These Madrid fans or whoever they really are/support are proper arrogant look down the nose jobbies.

If only FFP looked at debt and Government handouts.....
One of the main reasons it has largely been shelved is because there is no way they could have defended this in court were it was and may still be heading.

I'd feel a bit nervous about Sterling coming back for such a big game. Feel nervous enough anyway, but think with that I'd worry he's short of matches. Navas to be fair has played quite well recently, I know he can have his moments, but I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Sterling. Pellers could change it during the game, save Sterling having to do 90 mins. Come on City, lets do this and stay in it for the second leg. Pellers vs Pep final, its written in the stars.
Seems to make more sense starting Navas with a view to bringing on Sterling around the hour mark. Sterling looked nowhere near ready when he came on against the bar codes. Navas is super fit and is probably one of small number of our players who can play 3 games a week on an on-going basis.

I would rather Komps-Mangala if Vinny is to start. Otamendi plays left side with his right foot meaning he tends to dive in more. My preference is to leave it as Ota-Mangala.
Think it's fair to say all three are guilty of lunging in when its not necessary,it's a major worry against elite players who know every trick in the book.
All three are top players but the best defenders stay on their feet,shield and manoeuvre the attacking player.

With Yaya being out, the team and subs pretty much pick themselves now.

Aguero
Silva De Bruyne Navas
Fernando Fernandinho
Clichy Mangala Kompany Sagna
Hart

Caballero, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kolarov, Sterling, Iheanacho, Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.