City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the site. Madrid fan.
First off I like City. Also they were least preferable draw because of the sense of unfamiliarity. We always knew how Bayern or Atleti would setup but City is just unpredictable. I can't tell who will have the more possessions tomorrow. And now with Ronaldo and Benzema clearly not being fit, its going to be hard to win at Etihad.

Good luck tomorrow. It will be a tough game for both sides.

Hart

Sagna - Kompany - Mangala - Clichy

Fernando - Fernandinho

Navas - De Bruyne - Sterling

Aguero

With this starting XI we have a chance.

This is what we will go with IMO. The back 7 is a definite based on the team/subs Saturday. KDB and Aguero are obvious. Sterling and Navas to help nullify Bale/Ronaldo...Silva would be a mistake out wide.

This is what we will go with IMO. The back 7 is a definite based on the team/subs Saturday. KDB and Aguero are obvious. Sterling and Navas to help nullify Bale/Ronaldo...Silva would be a mistake out wide.

Sterling is not match fit, we cannot take chances in this game. I hope Silva starts instead of Sterling. KDB is our main attacking threat and if Real have watched our previous CL games which they will, KDB will be marked out or atleast stifled. Silva will help counter-balance it. But, if our plan is for a clean-sheet and counter-attack, then Sterling might be a good option depending on his fitness.

key for us is trying to keep a clean sheet because a 0-0 is a decent result for us.

if we do concede we have to keep at just the one because two or more is going to be just too much of an ask as i think the tie will be won or lost at the etihad.

we need an atletico style game plan tomorrow.

Any result where we concede 2 away goals is bad unless we then score 2 more than them. If we win 3-2 although a top result on the night, I think they would have the advantage, 4-2 of course we would. Any draw thats more than 1-1; so 2-2, 3-3, 4-4 etc... would give them the advantage.

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Otamendi
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Sterling
De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero

I think navas will play instead of sterling to be honest but I would love to see how Raheem goes on the right

It's gotta be this

Jesus has nothing that Raheem doesn't, and Raheem gives us that goal threat which we need in the home leg.

Dave must play in a game like this, it would be suicide to start without him IMO.

Last edited:
New to the site. Madrid fan.
First off I like City. Also they were least preferable draw because of the sense of unfamiliarity. We always knew how Bayern or Atleti would setup but City is just unpredictable. I can't tell who will have the more possessions tomorrow. And now with Ronaldo and Benzema clearly not being fit, its going to be hard to win at Etihad.

Good luck tomorrow. It will be a tough game for both sides.

All we can ask for is a good performance, a good game and good luck. may the best team on the night win, obviously i hope its City

Manchester City against Real Madrid in the semi final of the champions league. Can't believe it!!! Hope the players don't feel as nervous as I do. They need to not be over awed by the game and defo don't need to pay Madrid too much respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.