City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%
I said yesterday I wouldnt play Silva and I stand by it
These games are one-offs. Ignoring legendary status etc, there is a job to be done and Sterling and Navas down both flanks would offer energy, pace and work ethic.
People slag Raheem off but he is extremely 'keen' in these CL games and would help Clichy up against Bale and Carvajal..

I just dont think we will have enough 'settled' possession in the 3/4 mark of the pitch if that makes sense, where Silva likes to dictate and make us tick
Our attacks will be fast, direct and perhaps not too frequent... something which would suit a forward line of
Navas KDB Sterling
Aguero
Totally respect that. But Bale might play left wing & Sterling might not be 100% match sharp due to his recent injury. Sterling or Silva is a very tough call. Navas energy will work wonders...think he's due a goal as he normally gets one in every 25 or so games.

It's simple. This has to be our starting team over the 2 legs. Hart / Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy / Fernando Fernandinho / Jesus KDB Sterling / Kun. I doubt we're going to dominate possession over the 2 legs so we have to play on the counter and break quickly. As much as I love Silva he just doesn't fit into this system.
However, baring that in mind I still expect Manuel to start Silva on the left and allow Bale and Carvajal to double up on Clichy. That's where the tie is won and lost for me.

Totally respect that. But Bale might play left wing & Sterling might not be 100% match sharp due to his recent injury. Sterling or Silva is a very tough call. Navas energy will work wonders...think he's due a goal as he normally gets one in every 25 or so games.

Ok fair play Bale may play left, therefore Ronaldo is on the right... hardly a different prospect there haha!
Dont get me wrong, I love Silva and what he has done, and I am 80/20 that MP will pick Silva, but I just think in this one off game where we cannot afford to ship more than a single goal; he would be on the bench for me..
Marcelo certainly leaves space for a Navas goal, but lets face it he will probably get in a great position and take it to within half a yard of the near post and slam it wide

Go for a 40 minute jog. Then come on here and spread all that positive energy.
Tell you what Captain Winky. I really like the way you are trying to spread positive energy here today. Well done. Today all blues must stand together to help our team can win this game. Come on City !!!

It's simple. This has to be our starting team over the 2 legs. Hart / Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy / Fernando Fernandinho / Jesus KDB Sterling / Kun. I doubt we're going to dominate possession over the 2 legs so we have to play on the counter and break quickly. As much as I love Silva he just doesn't fit into this system.
However, baring that in mind I still expect Manuel to start Silva on the left and allow Bale and Carvajal to double up on Clichy. That's where the tie is won and lost for me.

Haha Ive literally just mentioned this
Its the simple and obvious way to do in that shape etc, but he will pick Silva and we will be totally destroyed down that side

Burnley terrorised us over two games with trippier and george fucking boyd, so Bale/Carvajal could be fun..

Completely from 'left field' - I would pick this team -

Hart
Sagna Otomendi Mangala Clichy
Kompany Fernandinho
Navas KDB Kolorov
Aguero

Vinny in midfield (like Demic who was brought on previously in games) and Kolorov to fire in missiles from the left - it won;t happen BUT .????????????????
If we can nulify Bale and FakeRonaldo we possibly take a 1-0 win over to Madrid.

PS. Note to Ref. - we don't want any Red cards - just because it is CITY and the match is shown all over Europe - you do not have to put yourself in 'the window'

Bale doesn't play on the left, Lady-Boy does, with Marcelo overlapping. And don't underestimate their goal threat from set-pieces, that is one of their assets.
Even so, i wouldn't bench Silva; we definitely need his creativity and ball retention ability if we want any chance to keep them at bay.

Ok fair play Bale may play left, therefore Ronaldo is on the right... hardly a different prospect there haha!
Dont get me wrong, I love Silva and what he has done, and I am 80/20 that MP will pick Silva, but I just think in this one off game where we cannot afford to ship more than a single goal; he would be on the bench for me..
Marcelo certainly leaves space for a Navas goal, but lets face it he will probably get in a great position and take it to within half a yard of the near post and slam it wide
Thats a very good point re Madrid wingers. If Sterling is fit I'll be happy to see his energy
then. As for Jesus wearing his scoring boots...have faith ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.