City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope we can play with a bit of composure and patience. We've had a tendency lately to be very wasteful in possession - we spend ages without the ball and then as soon as we get it back, we try to some crazy long ball or killer pass and give the ball away again. If we do this tonight we'll get killed. We need to be calm, patient and keep possession as much as we can.

If Nasri was eligible, it would be a no brainer to play him, but since he is not, I think we need to play Spanish Dave. (Despite his giving the ball away far more than he ever used to.)

Irrespective of the result and the performance tonight, there isn't one blue who should not be proud of the inroads we are making towards being at the top table in Europe. As much as I desperately want us to smash these, I want to see us stand toe to toe and after the match say, we have arrived.

Come on lads, do us proud.

Setting off in an hr or so as I want to be first in the Ticket Office queue

Are Madrid better than when we last played them?
There's a good chance Ronaldo and Benzema might not play, if they do play, will they be 100% ?
Ronaldo usually has a tough time at the Etihad, and they've shipped goals recently, so I think if we are ruthless with our chances, we might be in with a chance tonight!!!

Cg986MyWgAIFcNA.jpg:large

What a ballache to put them all out
Should look amazing if loads don't arrive late tho (as is quite usual!)

Would love to see VK and Fernandinho in CM - Fernando does ok (in terms of putting effort in) but he isnt a great footballer - this would be a massive gamble and its not the game to do it - but those two would be a lot stronger... IMO

Bale doesn't play on the left, Lady-Boy does, with Marcelo overlapping. And don't underestimate their goal threat from set-pieces, that is one of their assets.
Even so, i wouldn't bench Silva; we definitely need his creativity and ball retention ability if we want any chance to keep them at bay.
Madrid right is City left..right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.