City v Real Madrid post match

On no account must we play Toure. Any chance we have depends on us being ultra competitive and closing down every player.

I do believe that the progress in this competition has also been due to the absence of Toure. The defense has kept a clean sheet at home in all the knock-out rounds. The Ferns shouldn't be changed at any cost and KDB has to keep his position. There is no place for Toure, unless we are talking of him playing in the left wing position.

Nacho on for Silva. And that Sterling should have been the straight swap with Silva. I think not. Nacho was the right choice. Sterling just got healthy, and when he came on his rustiness showed. So the right initial sub.

I'm a Sterling fan.

Better a rusty Sterling in one position while maintaing an advantageous formation, than forfaiting your entire midfield (and thus your attack as well). Might as well have played with a man down figuratively speaking. Not a good move imho. Even moving up Clichy would have been a better idea in my book.

I'm a bit surprised by people's assertion that we did badly and missed a golden opportunity.
RM were missing Tranny,but had James, Isco, Jesé, Kroos, Modric & Bale available to play. Hardly like having to have Milner/Adam Johnson having to come on and fillling the gap is it?
And we were without Yaya, Nasri & silva went off injured after 20 minutes. meaning our attacking midfield was completely unbalanced so we weren't exactly at full flow.

Real Madrid aren't some chumps that crumble with Ronaldo, he just furthers their ability & if I was offered a 0-0 before the game I'd have taken it, the pressure is completely on them to play and score at a minimum 2.

The only worry we should have is how toothless we appeared going forward but should RM do what is needed nexxt week and attack I feel we'll have much more open opportunites.

Very good defensive performance and overall a good result and as someone else in the thread said, we are only 90 minutes a Champions league final and it''s a very real possibility we can go through, so I'm happy with that.

Welp. They were better than us at the Etihad. And we couldn't manage a goal either.

But now we will go into the Bernabeau, score, and hold them to what. A single goal?

I dunno gents. I have faith but if I'm a betting man the money is on them to go through. Not to mention no CR9. Will need one of our very best performances and strong defense/Joe Hart to have any chance.

They're obviously favourites but we have a decent chance. We've played well away from home in the CL, scored goals and looked threatening on the break. We definitely will need Hart to be on top form and a bit of luck with them missing chances. I would put it at about 70/30 in their favour, but if you'd offered me those odds of making a CL final at the start of the season I would have snapped your hands off.

Did anyone else not understand the Silva for Iheanacho sub? We seemed to have good control of the game at that point, seemed to surrender the midfield from then onwards with no real added attacking threat.

He didn't have much choice, there was no-one else on the bench. He could of dropped in Sterling for Silva but that would of meant we had 2 wide players and no-one in the middle with De Bruyne having to do everything. I think he just wanted someone in there behind Aguero giving them something to worry about or he would of been isolated more out of the game. Their 2 centre backs had a fantastic game, never seen anyone keep Aguero quiet. We could of really done with Yaya last night coming on in the last 20 to give us some stability on the ball but obviously that wasn't an option.

I think it was a decent result but we looked worryingly frail towards the end, I really want to hope we can get a result in Madrid but it is going to take a monumental effort, we can do it though. They will push more at home and playing against that 2nd half Madrid with more energy, we can definitely catch them out. The best time to score was in that last 20 when they were flying forward but we looked absolutely knackered.

On the plus, we were fantastic defensively but we need to be even better at their place assuming more danger in Ronaldo, we can do it but getting to the final is not going to be decided by dominating there but by another massive performance at the back and being ruthless going forward.

This was another step up from the PSG game, against a defence well drilled in the dark arts, as well as being very well drilled.
When Silva went off, we lost a midfield fulcrum, ceded space, and were left chasing the game, we can only hope Yaya or Silva are fit for next week, as service to Aguero, and the wings will be greatly reduced, I'm hoping Yaya is fit, as his ability to shield the ball, hold it up, then find a killer ball left a gaping hole by its absence last night, if he is fit for Madrid he must play, the game will be more open for our counter attacking ability that has served us so well away in Europe

He didn't have much choice, there was no-one else on the bench. He could of dropped in Sterling for Silva but that would of meant we had 2 wide players and no-one in the middle with De Bruyne having to do everything. I think he just wanted someone in there behind Aguero giving them something to worry about or he would of been isolated more out of the game. Their 2 centre backs had a fantastic game, never seen anyone keep Aguero quiet. We could of really done with Yaya last night coming on in the last 20 to give us some stability on the ball but obviously that wasn't an option.

I think it was a decent result but we looked worryingly frail towards the end, I really want to hope we can get a result in Madrid but it is going to take a monumental effort, we can do it though. They will push more at home and playing against that 2nd half Madrid with more energy, we can definitely catch them out. The best time to score was in that last 20 when they were flying forward but we looked absolutely knackered.

On the plus, we were fantastic defensively but we need to be even better at their place assuming more danger in Ronaldo, we can do it but getting to the final is not going to be decided by dominating there but by another massive performance at the back and being ruthless going forward.

We looked as if we'd run out of gas at the end. According to Henry Winter, Bale told him he expected RM to win because they would be the fresher team. That combination of a winter break and lots of easy games.

This was never going to be a walk in the park and we were always going to have to go to Madrid and get something to go through. A score draw and we're through so we've given ourselves a fighting chance in Madrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.