City v Real Madrid post match

I`m not saying I`m right.But if you are happy with that poor performance then you`re easily pleased.They offered very little and had we pressed that bit more then the outcome may have been different.Its a very creditable 0-0 against one of the top three teams in the world,but I don`t see them playing that badly again,especially if you know who is back.The **** that he is.
If you play a great game, but your opponents play a great game then you can get a stalemate. Maybe that's how it turned out.

If you'd have told me 2 years ago that we'd draw a CL semi against Real without Toure, Silva and Nasri, I'd have said you were mad! We are progressing!
Good point, seems like we are uanable to really control game and keep possession if one of them is missing. Hope we do better next week.

I think we all pretty much are thinking the same thing after this one....

-Started well, awesome atmosphere, the Bash Bros (the Ferns) were bossing the midfield
-we were the better side, but neither side was too threatening
-Silva goes down, Nacho on. Benzema also comes off at the half
-Change in formation and shape. They now controlled more of the possession, neither team really creating much
-We got a little tired towards the end, they created some chances and could have scored.
-Joe comes up BIG on Ramos and Pepe, Jese hits the bar (a bit worrying how weak we were on set pieces)
-We get a couple opportunities at the very end, the Sterling mis-touch, the free kick at the end.
- 0-0
-ehh not a bad result, but we could have taken advantage of a nice opportunity. Similiar to the way I felt after the first leg in Paris.

Both teams played very well defensively (all 4 CBs were fantastic), and poor in attack. We were lucky 2/3 of their attack were out.

As far as the Silva--->>>Ihencacho swap, the only options were Nacho, Sterling and Delph.

- As for Sterling, he's the natural choice to fill that position but he hadn't played in God knows how long. It would have been a risky substitution, although Pell did bring him on later. Looked rusty and nervous.
- Delph has played as the LM in the 4231 for us before, with Bale playing on the right side he could have helped out with Bale and add to industrious work of the Ferns. However, he adds very little to us creatively going forward. This would have been an overly conservative substitution. (I suppose he could have also played Kolarov in this position but that would also be way to conservative for my liking.)
- Nacho was coming off a great two goal performance just a few days prior. Pell showed his faith in him. It was a CL semi though, I think he wasn't quite ready for the moment (Remember when Mancini started Nastasic for the first time against RM in the CL). Also, playing with Nacho means two strikers, which changed our shape and we all know how that worked out.

Out of all 3 of the substitutions Pelligrini could have made, each one had a flaw. Which brings me to my conclusion of this rant...I WISH WE HAD NASRI AVAILABLE. He would have been the perfect sub for the situation. Oh well, 0-0 ain't bad.

We did not concede, it will be an underlying advantage and a shadow that will hunt Madrid throughout the second leg. We have to go there, play hard and do not lose. I believe that the team is more than capable of achieving this.

I will take the nil nil result.

After the game tonight I think we have to play yaya from the start if fit with silva missing the game,we didn't seem to have any spark on the pitch and most of the players looked fucked in the second half,kdb and Sergio didn't do enough for me when we didn't have the ball considering we were in the semi,s more passion and intensity req in Milan then we might have a chance.

Fernando & Otamendi outstanding, closely followed by Hart.

0-0 is a good result.

Disappointed with Aguero's performance, looked off the pace compared to recent matches. Maybe he was carrying a knock.
Or maybe he should have been substituted much earlier than he was in our last two matches. Why we rinse him out like this is beyond me, bbut I suppose if wasn't going to be around after this season, I wouldn't give a rats arse about his well being either.

A great effort by all of the team. Defensively we were amazing and the two ferns will definitely sleep tonight. A pity the players were let down once again by the clueless manager who made two decisions tonight and both were as wrong as they could possibly be.

To replace Silva with Iheanacho was scandalous. In doing so Pellegrini managed to get rid of two of our better players for the price of one. Granted for Silva he had no choice but to move KDB from his influential central role to a bit part player on the left was a huge head shaker. The shape at the time both defensively and offensively was working so why he felt the need to change it only Pellegrini knows. And to select an out and out centre forward when he had Sterling or Delph to choose from completely baffled me. From that point on we were overrun in midfield and lost our ability to press the ball in midfield.

The second Pellegrini clanger was to replace Navas, who was having his best game of the season, with Sterling. Why?? A like for like swap with a player who was doing well when the game was crying out for KDB to be moved into a more central role.

In the end we had to thank Joe for two amazing saves, but I for one can't wait for Pellegrini to empty his locker and hand in his keys.

There are some right muppets on this thread !

This is a good result for us. The away goals rule can only work for us now. Any score draw and we are through.

The longer we keep it tight in the away leg the more they shit themselves about us scoring

All to play for !

Come on City !!!!!

They will be the happier club tonight but the result is not decisive

Indeed the longer the game goes without a goal at the Bernabeu in the 2nd leg the more nervous they will become. They will have less time to get 2 back if we score 1. Every City attack will scare them to death

This was always going to be a cagey game. We need to do the same again. On no account must we play Toure. Any chance we have depends on us being ultra competitive and closing down every player.
I'm quite confused by your reply? They are the happier club because 'they've not scored an away goal and will be scared the longer the game goes on at the Bernabau'. 'They will have less time to score 2 back if we score 1'. Furthermore, 'every City attack will scare them to death'. These are your comments not mine Marvin.

So...why on earth are they the happier club tonight? Disagreeing with a poster's comment is absolutely fine, but surely you can understand why I often struggle to comprehend some of your replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.