City v Real Madrid post match

Without doubt,having watched the Blues since 1964/65, this was well within the top 5 games I wish I`d never been to.Fucking abysmal from both teams.
You had a dodgy pie/pint or summat? I started 4 years later than you, and if that's in your top 5 worst games, you haven't been to see the lads nearly often enough ;-)

I think we need to try and control the midfield (which will be tough enough) to have a sniff in the second leg which means the big man and the 2 ferns if possible -

Something like

-----------------Joe
BS------vin--------ota-----gc
-----------Fernando
RS---ferna----yaya----kdb
--------------Serge

Did anyone else not understand the Silva for Iheanacho sub? We seemed to have good control of the game at that point, seemed to surrender the midfield from then onwards with no real added attacking threat.

Did anyone else not understand the Silva for Iheanacho sub? We seemed to have good control of the game at that point, seemed to surrender the midfield from then onwards with no real added attacking threat.
We offered nothing from that point onwards. 442 in Europe is suicidal, surely Pellegrini knows that by now

Who history tells us will win the
Champions League

On 28 May this season's UEFA Champions League victors will be crowned in Milan – but who will it be? We assessed the trends to whittle 16 teams down to one. Guess who ...

Top your group
Nine of the last ten champions finished at the summit of their groups – early momentum, it seems, is key. The exception came in 2010 with Internazionale Milano, who needed a
matchday six win against Rubin Kazan to beat the Russian side to the runners-up spot behind Barcelona before finding their groove in the
knockout stages.
Bad news for: Paris Saint-Germain, PSV
Eindhoven, Benfica, Juventus, Roma,
Arsenal, Dynamo Kyiv, Gent.
Avoid the top scorer ... unless it's Ronaldo Only six times in the UEFA Champions League's 23-year history has the top scorer after the
group stage lifted the trophy that season. Ordinarily that means bad news for Cristiano
Ronaldo, who became the first ever player to reach double figures this term. But the Portuguese is the exception to the rule: in two
of the four previous campaigns he was top scorer at this stage, his side triumphed.
Bad news for: well, nobody.
Get errors out of your system
The side with the best defensive record after the group stage has never won the competition since the current format was introduced in 2003. Ten teams bettered Barcelona's goals-against tally last season while
back in 2009 the Catalan giants' back line ranked 18th. It seems best to get defensive errors out of the system, but there is a limit: no team has won the competition after shipping more than eight in the group stage. Bad news for: Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal,
Roma
Matchday five and six in 100 seconds
Experience counts No club advancing from the group stage for the first time has ever reached the final under
the current format. Villarreal came closest in 2006 as Arsenal scraped a 1-0 semi-final win, Juan Riquelme having a late penalty saved by
Jens Lehmann that would have forced an additional 30 minutes.
Bad news for: Gent, Wolfsburg
No Prizes for second
None of the last four UEFA Champions League winners began those campaigns as domestic title holders, a relatively new phenomena but
previously champion champions were far more common so it has the makings of a trend.
Bad news for: Barcelona, Bayern, Benfica, Chelsea, Dynamo Kyiv, Gent, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, PSV Eindhoven, Zenit
History lessons
Twenty-one different teams lifted the
European Cup over the course of its first 42 campaigns; 18 seasons on and the solitary name of Chelsea has been added. If you have not won it before, you are up against it.
Bad news for: Arsenal, Atlético Madrid,
Dynamo Kyiv, Gent, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Roma, Wolfsburg, Zenit So, according to this highly scientific survey,
the team that will lift the trophy in Milan on
28 May will be … Real Madrid. Maybe.
What do you reckon?
No11 for Real Madrid?

0-0 not gonna cut it imo.

People making too much of the clean sheet. Madrid more than capable of winning home.

We do have a real chance. But it's their advantage clearly imo.

Agree, they are clear favorites. I'm happy with clean sheet though as they were closer to score a goal. It's definitely missed opportunity

I think we need to try and control the midfield (which will be tough enough) to have a sniff in the second leg which means the big man and the 2 ferns if possible -

Something like

-----------------Joe
BS------vin--------ota-----gc
-----------Fernando
RS---ferna----yaya----kdb
--------------Serge

Yup, that's what I'd do over there but Pellers may stick with 4-4-2; albeit possibly with those same personnel.

Hopefully, Kun and KDB can have decent games next week; clearly question marks over Aguero's fitness but not such excuse for KDB today - both players gave the ball away far too much.

Because, some of us are prepared to give him time. He's just back from an injury and only played 3rd of the game.

His control was not great when put through, but he's not the sole reason why we did not win.

He was fine earlier in the season when we were playing well and was an integral part of that.
But when we went downhill, so did he along with many others. But certain people need to lay the blame at 1 players feet.
It's a team game.
The first bold does not speak to my claim. Nor have I argued he is why we didn't win. Actually, I think the result was fair, and may have slightly favored us.

But many have been saying Pellats screwed up by putting Nacho on for Silva. And that Sterling should have been the straight swap with Silva. I think not. Nacho was the right choice. Sterling just got healthy, and when he came on his rustiness showed. So the right initial sub.

I'm a Sterling fan.

Welp. They were better than us at the Etihad. And we couldn't manage a goal either.

But now we will go into the Bernabeau, score, and hold them to what. A single goal?

I dunno gents. I have faith but if I'm a betting man the money is on them to go through. Not to mention no CR9. Will need one of our very best performances and strong defense/Joe Hart to have any chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.