City v Real Madrid post match

We did OK, probably the right result and best to be a no score draw than a score draw. Great to have the big man back performing like that, Otamendi just inched him out as my MOTM, thought he was excellent tonight. 2 great saves by Joe as well and Clichy had a good game as well.

A good night for the club, and we didnt let ourselves down, despite all the jibes it would be over after the first leg.

Well played City. That's the compliments out of the way. If we don't retain possession better Madrid will murder us. We have to work so much harder to get it back. Anyhow we rode our luck. Ota were you trying to give away a penalty? I actually think we play better away as the home team has to attack. It's still very much even stevens so if we play better in the final 3rd next week we might get through. It's easy for me to say sat on my fat arse but it's a huge chance to get through now blues. They're a quality side though with what 3 or 4 players costing over 70/80 million? The crowd were fantastic as always ;-)

Madrid came to stifle, hounded Aguero, any chance we got they were cynical in their fouling.
Without Ronaldo, they set their stall out to not lose, play tight.
Away, it will be far more open, Real will attack, and away we have been far more effective, lethal at times.
It's still on

This.

We lost the upper hand when Silva went off and Manuel went 442. At that crucial point Sterling should have been introduced and KDB should have remained central. It was a crucial mistake that could cost us dear as we desperately needed to score tonight.

Against Spanish opposition, if you control the midfield you generally control the game and Manuel ceded control by that very odd tactical change. That's the thing with Manuel, you're never too far away from 442. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us on the arse in Madrid.

PS: Kompany was fuckin boss tonight!
Brilliant post.

Needed a goal.

Basically we have to go to Masrid and win the game.

That will be a remarkable achievement

Better result for us than them. Perhaps a chance missed with no Ronaldo & only Benzema for 45 minutes to take a victory, but now they must win at the Bernabeu.

Well played Joe Hart, another great save to ensure another clean sheet. All to play for in the second leg still.

No pressure on us for the return leg. Will need to whether the first 15-20 minutes and if it's still even, love our chances.

Back line today was outstanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.