City v Real Madrid post match

Kompany and hart were excellent. I wasn't sure about putting vinny in before the game but he was superb.

We lost all shape with the silva sub. I'll give Pellegrini credit for a ballsy move but were distinctly second best after that moment. De Bruyne needs to play central. Full stop.

0-0 isn't the worst result. I hope next weeks game suits us better as we can play on the counter but I'm not confident we can stop Madrid scoring.

Madrid didn't like being closed down, City looked in control and looked like they would create big moments. Manuel decided to give Madrid what they desperately needed and that was control of the game. He did this by going to 4-4-2. Massive opportunity lost.
This.

We lost the upper hand when Silva went off and Manuel went 442. At that crucial point Sterling should have been introduced and KDB should have remained central. It was a crucial mistake that could cost us dear as we desperately needed to score tonight.

Against Spanish opposition, if you control the midfield you generally control the game and Manuel ceded control by that very odd tactical change. That's the thing with Manuel, you're never too far away from 442. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us on the arse in Madrid.

PS: Kompany was fuckin boss tonight!

Good solid performance but the game changed when Silva was injured and Pellegrini made the wrong substitution. He should have gone brought Sterling on and we would have kept our shape. I was shitting it in the second half when they started to take control.
I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that Real Madrid came to the Etihad and were frightened enough to park the bus.
It will be a tough game away but we can do it. Keeping a clean sheet was vital. Well done the defence, the two ferns and Joe.

Good performance, despite all the cunts on the BBC Sport website slagging us off!

I'd have taken 0-0 before the game; as it is, it feels like a chance missed. I hoped we'd up the tempo a bit second half, instead we went into our shell.
Game changed with Silva going off - better side up to that point, second best after it. Even nowhere near his best, he's still vital for us.
By no means a bad result though. It will be tough in Madrid, but we're more than capable of getting a goal or two.
I thought Joe was excellent; Clichy fantastic; Kompany, Otamendi and Sagna very good; Fernando and Fernandinho good; Navas ok. Aguero, De Bruyne and Iheanacho were all a bit disappointing.

Good Result. Ronaldo or no ronaldo in second leg, we have a great chance
Subtitution of ihenacho was a surprise but it was understandable with lack of match practice for sterling and Ihenacho should do more when he doesnt have the ball, aguero as a senior striker did more tracking back

Top top result. I went in the game nervous and half thinking of a hiding. We have arrived at the big stage. All the talk is about tranny and benzema but they were much better without him. Jese, Isco, James arnt pushovers its not like they are putting in Cattermole for tranny. No one expected us to hold them.

Exactly what we haven't been able to do for the last 4 years! A solid defensive performance in European football. If you can get clean sheets anything is possible. Well done lads.

Played not to lose. No Ranaldo or Benzema in the 2nd half, will we have a better chance of beating them ?
Yes
Possibly next week . It'll be more open and hopefully we can exploit that . Madrid will be nervous especially if they don't have you know who available. Even if he is he will be coming back from injury . We can do this . Believe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.