City v Real Madrid post match

Well; I suppose no away goal condeded is a Brucie bonus (Pepe should have scored though; excellent work by JH). But we never really looked like scoring tonight; one shot on target in the whole game, wasn't it? Not enough.

the loss of silva was key...we were in total control of the game as he was dictating the play and we were keeping possession...he went off and that stopped.

Good performances all around really but we have missed an opportunity to take a lead to their place.

They will play a very different game at their place i think and will come at us a lot more (esp if tranny is back) - that could allow us to play on the break ad play into our hands but trying to soak up pressure t their place could be a very dangerous game

very finely balanced but its a big ask to go there and win/get a result

The two Ferns were overworked & they were having to dig deep. Stuff they were winning first half they started losing. We got away with bringing on Kelechi next to Aguero, who wasn't challeging half the time & leaving a huge area empty but we did get away with it. O-0 is absolutely fine imo.

When Real came out they almost scored but we fucking ripped them apart on the counter & they were very lucky to get away with it.

In the next game it's their job to come out. Keep it tight, hit them on the break. We will need a bit of luck that the ref doesn't stitch us up, but we can do it.

Good effort that boys. We can hold our heads high.

Still see our weaknesses but everybody run their heart out tonight.

Set them up right at their ground and we could nick a goal.

Whatever happens proud of them tonight

No away goal for them........one thing I've seen over the years, you need away goals in a semi final. Big ask but it's now a one off game to get to the CL final!

Think it was more about two teams not wanting to concede rather than score,RM not getting an away goal is a huge bonus for us though.

Major opportunity missed in my opinion. Real were there for the taking and we just let them leave with the result they clearly played for.

Agreed.

You look through that RM side without CRonaldo, Benzema, James and Isco and it's really quite average in terms of attack. No goal threat at all apart from Bale.

0-0 vs "Real Madrid" sounds good but not when you look at the team tonight. They will be delighted with the result.

Their attack is weak but equally our midfield is weak and we lost our only driving force through the middle when KDB got shunted out wide. Sterling wasn't great when he came on but not keeping KDB in the centre was just baffling. He was pretty easily squeezed out of the game after the switch.

Quite disappointed. We should be going there with a couple of goals lead. Gonna take a mammoth effort now and a huge bit of luck to get through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.