City V Sheff Wed (LC) Post match Thread

gordondaviesmoustache said:
cheddar404 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Fans of clubs like Wednesday and Leeds are like Walter White was when he was invited to his former business partners' house in Breaking Bad. They cast an envious eye at what they see, think it should have been theirs instead, and after a few drinks start to get bitter and angry.

It's a perfectly understandable reaction.

You only sing when you're cooking
tumblr_mlsd1oS6LF1ryzizgo1_500.gif

We should sign Lionel Methi

goatinho said:
LoveCity said:
davidhirst said:
The wwywyws song only came from us when your lot were singing 3 0 in your cup final, seems a few of your fans have already forgotten where you were not that long ago

Rubbish. It was first heard at 0-0 and repeated later. It's the same song thrown at us by every set of fans (except Chelsea and United, maybe a few others) and is now met with either ambivalence or "We were here when we were shit".
and when a few of their ...ahem... "mob" were giving it the big un walking through city square before the game. embarrassing.

I educated them by saying that after 35 years of fcuk all we still got well above 40,000 every season apart from the season under Pearce where most lost the will to live......absolute wankers in City Square that lot,an embarrassment to a great club like SWFC.

My SWFC mates who I met pre match in town know the score but hey they have been watching Wednesday a long time too.

Ignore all the nonsense from any ignorant opposition supporters\clubs.

Onwards and upwards City !

At slightly a tangent, and why the League Cup is still a great trophy to win as is any trophy.

Recall the owners targeting 5 trophies in 5 years when Pellegrini started (2 in the bag and hopefully at least 3 more to come in the next 4 years).

I was thinking exactly where we stand as an English club on the all time list of no. of trophies won.

At this time the list I think is:
(includes trophies for League Champs in top division only, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup\Champs League, Ueafa\Europa League Cup, European Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Charity\Community Shield) :

1) Trafford Rangers - 62 trophies
2) Red scousers - 60 trophies
3) Arsenal the whingers - 46 trophies
4) Chelski - 25 trophies (took off Chelsea winning the Full Members Cup)
5) Blue scousers - 24 trophies
Spurs - 24 trophies
Villa - 24 trophies
8) City - 17 trophies
9) Newcastle - 13 trophies
Notts Forest - 13 trophies
Wolves - 13 trophies
12) Blackburn - 12 trophies
13) Leeds - 9 trophies
Sheff Wed - 9 trophies
Sunderland - 9 trophies
WBA - 9 trophies
17) West Ham - 6 trophies

Would it not be great in at least a decade to surpass Everton, Spurs and Villa. Assuming no other club just below us becomes a major force in that time and we can maintain a position of challenging for every trophy.

Thus all trophies are important.

Pics and comments on the Sheffield Wed Cup game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citsep14a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citsep14a.htm</a>

City1974 said:
Ignore all the nonsense from any ignorant opposition supporters\clubs.

Onwards and upwards City !

At slightly a tangent, and why the League Cup is still a great trophy to win as is any trophy.

Recall the owners targeting 5 trophies in 5 years when Pellegrini started (2 in the bag and hopefully at least 3 more to come in the next 4 years).

I was thinking exactly where we stand as an English club on the all time list of no. of trophies won.

At this time the list I think is:
(includes trophies for League Champs in top division only, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup\Champs League, Ueafa\Europa League Cup, European Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Charity\Community Shield) :

1) Trafford Rangers - 62 trophies
2) Red scousers - 60 trophies
3) Arsenal the whingers - 46 trophies
4) Chelski - 25 trophies (took off Chelsea winning the Full Members Cup)
5) Blue scousers - 24 trophies
Spurs - 24 trophies
Villa - 24 trophies
8) City - 17 trophies
9) Newcastle - 13 trophies
Notts Forest - 13 trophies
Wolves - 13 trophies
12) Blackburn - 12 trophies
13) Leeds - 9 trophies
Sheff Wed - 9 trophies
Sunderland - 9 trophies
WBA - 9 trophies
17) West Ham - 6 trophies

Would it not be great in at least a decade to surpass Everton, Spurs and Villa. Assuming no other club just below us becomes a major force in that time and we can maintain a position of challenging for every trophy.

Thus all trophies are important.

Good point and interesting post, but...

Why include the Charity Shield? Its not a meaningful trophy. I'm not just choosing to be awkward or pedantic, it simply cannot be considered a real trophy when there are only two teams in contention and its usually played as a glorified friendly. Would be interesting to see the list without it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.