City V Sheff Wed (LC) Post match Thread

Just want to pick out a couple of details. Now I know it's Sheffield Wednesday, and I know it's ten against eleven, and all that — so nobody's going overboard about this. But by God what a beautiful crosser of the ball Kolarov is! Dzeko got a free head, true, but he absolutely picked him out perfectly. We've got to exploit Aleks's ability more, the more so in that, as everybody's noticed, crossing is far from being our strong point. Second: that Navas goal. Sorry, but I think that would have gone in against almost anyone. It was fabulous. Give him any kind of space at all and he becomes really dangerous. You've got to press right up on him to nullify his threat. If you give him space to run at you, he'll do damage.

@Keith's curle

1)Red scouse 45
2)Trafford 42
3)Arse 33
4)Villa 23
5)Chelsea 21
6)Spuds 17
7)MCFC 13
Everton 13
9)Forest 12
Newcastle 12

That's the top 10 w/o Charity/Community shield.

aguero93:20 said:
@Keith's curle

1)Red scouse 45
2)Trafford 42
3)Arse 33
4)Villa 23
5)Chelsea 21
6)Spuds 17
7)MCFC 13
Everton 13
9)Forest 12
Newcastle 12

Everton fans rallying for Charity Shield's inclusion on the list (almost 50% of their haul). I think it's a better list without it, for the reasons keith's curle gave.

Very happy for Pozo, good prospect, hope we can develop him and get him some good loan spells.

Still wish we could have kept denis suarez, may be loaned him out to spanish sides or even a PL club.

Really hope to see players like pozo, marcos lopez and others come through the ranks and get first team football in a year or two.

keith's curle said:
City1974 said:
Ignore all the nonsense from any ignorant opposition supporters\clubs.

Onwards and upwards City !

At slightly a tangent, and why the League Cup is still a great trophy to win as is any trophy.

Recall the owners targeting 5 trophies in 5 years when Pellegrini started (2 in the bag and hopefully at least 3 more to come in the next 4 years).

I was thinking exactly where we stand as an English club on the all time list of no. of trophies won.

At this time the list I think is:
(includes trophies for League Champs in top division only, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup\Champs League, Ueafa\Europa League Cup, European Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Charity\Community Shield) :

1) Trafford Rangers - 62 trophies
2) Red scousers - 60 trophies
3) Arsenal the whingers - 46 trophies
4) Chelski - 25 trophies (took off Chelsea winning the Full Members Cup)
5) Blue scousers - 24 trophies
Spurs - 24 trophies
Villa - 24 trophies
8) City - 17 trophies
9) Newcastle - 13 trophies
Notts Forest - 13 trophies
Wolves - 13 trophies
12) Blackburn - 12 trophies
13) Leeds - 9 trophies
Sheff Wed - 9 trophies
Sunderland - 9 trophies
WBA - 9 trophies
17) West Ham - 6 trophies

Would it not be great in at least a decade to surpass Everton, Spurs and Villa. Assuming no other club just below us becomes a major force in that time and we can maintain a position of challenging for every trophy.

Thus all trophies are important.

Good point and interesting post, but...

Why include the Charity Shield? Its not a meaningful trophy. I'm not just choosing to be awkward or pedantic, it simply cannot be considered a real trophy when there are only two teams in contention and its usually played as a glorified friendly. Would be interesting to see the list without it.

Fair point, but counting or not counting the Charity Shield it would still be nice to surpass the likes of Everton, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea etc. and close up on Arsenal, Liverpool and Utd, and we all know should we have say 10-15 years of winning lots of trophies (and that's a big if I know) then should we encroach on these clubs you can bet they will ensure they start to count Charity Shield and World Club championships etc, but yes only really a competitive trophy if more than a few teams play for it. So if we get in a Community Shield final or ever get into a Super Cup and World Club Championship, still best to win these also.

@Keith's curle

1)Red scouse 45
2)Trafford 42
3)Arse 33
4)Villa 23
5)Chelsea 21
6)Spuds 17
7)MCFC 13
Everton 13
9)Forest 12
Newcastle 12

Not quite sure what you have included on there but of the clubs around us I make it:-

4 Villa 20 7 Leagues. 7 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 1 European Cup
5 Chelsea 19 4 Leagues, 7 FA Cups, 4 League Cups. I CL, 2 CWC, 1 UEFA Cup
6 Spurs 17 2 Leagues, 8 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 CWC, 2 UEFA Cups
7 Everton 15 9 Leagues, 5 FA Cups, 1 CWC
8 City 13 4 Leagues, 5 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, 1 CWC
9 Newcastle 11 4 Leagues, 6 FA Cups, 1 Fairs Cup (debatable if this should be included personally I would)

The European Super Cup is just a Charity Shield type minor honour imo.

not sure if this has been posted but wednesday fans did not take that mauling well.
i wonder how they would have felt if we scored the 15 or so we could have done.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/217808-a-view-from-manchester/page-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index. ... ter/page-2</a>

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
@Keith's curle

1)Red scouse 45
2)Trafford 42
3)Arse 33
4)Villa 23
5)Chelsea 21
6)Spuds 17
7)MCFC 13
Everton 13
9)Forest 12
Newcastle 12

Not quite sure what you have included on there but of the clubs around us I make it:-

4 Villa 20 7 Leagues. 7 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 1 European Cup
5 Chelsea 19 4 Leagues, 7 FA Cups, 4 League Cups. I CL, 2 CWC, 1 UEFA Cup
6 Spurs 17 2 Leagues, 8 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 CWC, 2 UEFA Cups
7 Everton 15 9 Leagues, 5 FA Cups, 1 CWC
8 City 13 4 Leagues, 5 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, 1 CWC
9 Newcastle 11 4 Leagues, 6 FA Cups, 1 Fairs Cup (debatable if this should be included personally I would)

The European Super Cup is just a Charity Shield type minor honour imo.
I just subtracted CS wins from the overall count in the first list.

de niro said:
not sure if this has been posted but wednesday fans did not take that mauling well.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/217808-a-view-from-manchester/page-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index. ... ter/page-2</a>

It the same shit we get of every clubs fans in the Championship, its just envy they seem to blame us for the fact they are shit

de niro said:

LOL. They'll be seriously pissed off when we post a profit in the next few months.

I can't argue about the disparity in wealth between the top clubs in the Premier League and the rest though.
It's just a shame that ourselves and Chelsea always get blamed when we weren't part of the self appointed "Big 5"
who "ruined football". Still it's worked out really well for Spurs and Everton ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.