City V Sheff Wed (LC) Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt the Giant said:
Ducado said:
Matt the Giant said:
I really look forward to this fixture, more so than normal at this early round. I hope to see a lot of non regular players get a chance to impress, such as Caballero, Boyata, Nastasic and Lampard.

Maybe something like (is Fernando fit btw)?

-------------------- Caballero ---------------------
Zaba -------- Boyata ----- Nastasic ------- Clichy
----------- Fernando ----- Lampard --------------
--------------------- Nasri -------------------------
Navas ------------------------------------- Sinclair
--------------------- Dzeko ------------------------

Subs:
Hart
MdM
Kolarov
Milner
Yaya
Pozo/Hiwula
Aguero

Zaba?

As he can't play next weekend I figured it would be too much for Sagna to play Wednesday AND Saturday. Also Zabas excellence and experience could be needed in that back line.
He can play next weekend, all domestic suspensions applies to domestic competitions so he is available for Hull.

eversince 76 said:
Surely starts for Cabalero, Sagna, Boyata, maybe Nastasic (if he's fit) and Sinclair. And I would play Aguero to up his matchfitness over 90min. and it wouldn't harm him to score a few. Put one or two youngsters on the bench.
Sh.Wednesday had a good start and it could be another Watford / Wigan cup tie at home in the making. So let's be carefull.

Dzeko needs to find his shooting boots and needs a goal to compliment his all round play. Good opportunity for him to open his account this season on Wed night. Sergio on the bench for a bit of insurance perhaps.

Would like to see Hiwula or Pozo start as well, or at least come off the bench at some stage.

Surely we must have one or two youngsters who are capable of coming into a side containing internationals and still be good enough to beat Sheff Wed.

I would rather see that than the likes of Sinclair getting a game.

Nasri should play to get the message across that consistently average performances wont keep you in the first team for the bigger games.

Just watched the tunnel cam for the Chelsea game and seen Pozo come out the dressing room, could be seeing him feature in this game.

I'm not bothered who goes in goal.
CB pair should rest Vinnie, and no point putting Mangala out, so MD and include either of Nasti (would be my choice) or Boyata. Don't think it matters which, but wouldn't want to risk both.
Zaba out so Sagna has to start. Not bothered between Clichy or Kolarov, whichever suits.
Would seem a perfect game to use Lampard and save on the 'real' players. Probably Milner alongside, although 'Dinho would do either, depends if one of them could do with/without playing.
Silver should not even be on bench. Nasri in then. Might as well play Sinclair (shop window) and Navas could do with a run out.
Dzeko could do with getting a goal to get him going, so he starts.

Banch should have Aguero and Milner/'Dinho as insurance, plus a couple of youngsters for if the opportunity arises to give one a run out.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Yates said:
Just watched the tunnel cam for the Chelsea game and seen Pozo come out the dressing room, could be seeing him feature in this game.

Did he get the dates wrong?

Haha! I'm assuming his involvement with first team talks is an indicator for future spots in the squad.

I'd go for this:

__________Caballero
Sagna_Demi_Nastasic_Clichy

_______Milner__Lampard
Navas______Nasri_____Sinclair

____________Dzeko

Bench:
Hart
Mangala Kolarov
Yaya Silva Pozo (if fit, he was taken to Munich so...)
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.