City V Sheff Wed (LC) Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris in London said:
Bluep*ss said:
My apologies if already asked - but is Zabba's red card mean only 1 game ban ?. - and does the game against Wednesday count - on Wednesday.

Yes - Zaba can't play Wednesday, but he can play Saturday

I would go for this team:

Willy, Sagna, Nastasic, Demichelis, Clichy, Sinclair, Lampard, Milner, Nasri, Guidetti, Dzeko

Guidetti left in the summer

uwe rosler 28 said:
Hoping some eds get some game time bossartes, evans,fofana, hiwalu, pozo

willy
bossartes
sagna
demi
kolarov
navas
fofana
lampard
nasri
dzeko
pozo

Fofana,Evans and Jordi possibly bench options,the other two would get destroyed right now.

Loukas said:
Does anyone know anything about Wednesday?

- how they play
- What type of form they're in
- Who's the danger man

etc.

I'm in this 1894 bock so should be a good atmosphere!

There from Sheffield, like the Arctic Monkeys.
Long ball.
Decent.
Both keepers are decent(Kirkland and Westwood) Loovens has played in The Champions League, Helen(ex City rezzie) has blistering pace, Drenthe was once ace, Stevie May's the main man, he looks like that **** Newton Faulker.

karen7 said:
Chris in London said:
Bluep*ss said:
My apologies if already asked - but is Zabba's red card mean only 1 game ban ?. - and does the game against Wednesday count - on Wednesday.

Willy, Sagna, Nastasic, Demichelis, Clichy, Sinclair, Lampard, Milner, Nasri, Guidetti, Dzeko

So he did - went to Celtic on loan

still named on the OS though

Chris in London said:
karen7 said:
Chris in London said:

So he did - went to Celtic on loan

still named on the OS though
Because loan players are still City players effectively even though they are not playing for City, because City are their parent club.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
keemcfc said:
I'd go for this:

__________Caballero
Sagna_Demi_Nastasic_Clichy

_______Milner__Lampard
Navas______Nasri_____Sinclair

____________Dzeko

Bench:
Hart
Mangala Kolarov
Yaya Silva Pozo (if fit, he was taken to Munich so...)
Aguero

Anyone who might be playing at Hull and against Roma (Both games) shouldn't be playing in this one. Those two games are much more important for our season, particularly Roma.

Some of our players have just come off back to back games against three top sides and should be given the night off, including the bench.

This cup was great to win last year but it is priority number 4 and should be treated as such especially against Sheff Wed at home.

We really should not need Yaya/Aguero etc anywhere near this game.

9 Squad players and 2 EDS should be good enough.
Those were my thoughts as well, but seeing as the team (give or take) that will play those two games will probably have a different keeper and back 4, as well as yaya, Fernandinho, Silva, Fernando, Jovetic and Aguero to come back in for the other 6 positions, I think we don't really have to field an overly weak side. Especially with injuries in key areas forcing our hand somewhat.

I do agree though that we could have a couple of Pozo, Boaserts, Fofana etc starting, and in fact I would start Pozo if he is fit over Nasri or Navas.

If you think about it that way then we could make 11 changes from that side I put forward for Weds and still field a team of Hart, Zab, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Yaya, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Jovetic/Nasri/Navas and Aguero

Kun Aguero said:
Loukas said:

- how they play
- Who's the danger man

etc.

Long ball.
Decent.
Both keepers are decent(Kirkland and Westwood) Loovens has played in The Champions League, Helen(ex City rezzie) has blistering pace, Drenthe was once ace, Stevie May's the main man, he looks like that c**t Newton Faulker.

Have you ever considered Punditry?

Thanks for the info!

I'd go with.

...................Willy.........
Boyata..Martin.Nasty.Clichy
.......Frank....Milner............
Navas..............a Nasri
........Pozo....Ambrose .....

I think we'll go with.
...................Willy.........
Boyata..Martin.Nasty.Clichy
.......Frank....Milner............
Navas...lNasri.....Sinclair
............Dzeko..................

Sagna will be needed at Hull. Think Milner will be give more time to impress centrally.

I'd like to see us play young forwards as defensively we'll be pretty sound.

We only have Sergio and Dzeko fit, I think it's a risk to play either of them.

Sheff Wednesday will bring a huge allocation so the game should have a decent atmosphere.

How good is this kid? any lurking Wed fans enlighten us?

------------------------------------------
Once the talk of McDiarmid Park as a young lad at St Johnstone, Stevie May could one day line-up for Arsenal at the Emirates – but only if Gunners boss Arsene Wenger moves fast to snap up the Sheffield Wednesday star.

Signed by the Owls over the summer, the 21-year-old has hit the ground running in the Championship with three goals in seven games for the South Yorkshire club, including a late, well-taken winner against Reading at the weekend.

Now set to line-up against Manchester City in the League Cup, the former Alloa Athletic and Hamilton Academical loan star could cement his place in the big time with a goal against the Premier League champions with the Scotland under-21 international 9/2 to score anytime with Ladbrokes.

A goal against the Citizens is exactly the kind of effort that will be required if the youngster is to make an impression on Arsene Wenger or any other top-flight manager on the hunt for a goalscorer.

May certainly has the record to suggest he is just that, having scored 32 in 62 games for St Johnstone along with 19 goals in 22 games at Alloa and another 26 in 33 appearances for Hamilton.

More crucial still, the Scot has adapted well to the English game, in the way that compatriots and predecessors like David Goodwillie and Gary Hooper, respectively, have struggled.

Excellent at holding up the ball and bringing teammates into play, it’s May’s ability when shooting from distance that could prove troublesome to a City side without a clean sheet since their opening day win over Newcastle United.

And a goal at the Etihad could continue what is fast becoming a dream season for the Scot, who looks on course to bypass a move to one of either Celtic or Rangers in favour of a shot at the big time.

‘Champagne’ Charlie Nicholas was the last star from north of the border to emerge at Arsenal but another one could well be bubbling to the surface in the near future

Loukas said:
Kun Aguero said:
Loukas said:

- how they play
- Who's the danger man

etc.

Long ball.
Decent.
Both keepers are decent(Kirkland and Westwood) Loovens has played in The Champions League, Helen(ex City rezzie) has blistering pace, Drenthe was once ace, Stevie May's the main man, he looks like that c**t Newton Faulker.

Have you ever considered Punditry?

Thanks for the info!

Newton
video-undefined-2061749B00000578-720_638x360.jpg

Stevie May

article-1018303-01273A3100000578-226_468x286.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.