City V Southampton post match discussion

Just finished listening to the match on the radio over here in Oz, and I hope Mancini will give the defence a right bollocking over its performance, I'm glad we got the result and the 3pts, I thought Rodwell did well overall and Nasri was playing well and got the winning goal, first match under our belt and hopefully we'll keep on improving...............onwards and upwards..........

I thought lescott and kompany looked like a new pairing. Both unsure of each other. Worst I have seen vince play for ages.

Jigsaw Silva again....... He falls apart in the box.

Nasri clear MOTM for me.

worried about Kun

Re: Congratulations Southampton

SamTheGuru said:
carlos92 said:
They had an effective game plan which nearly worked. They have good energy levels and defended well.

Our game plan is to exhaust who we are playing against. But for the last 20 minutes, we were the ones that were exhausted. I hope the next game isn't like this otherwise I don't know how much longer I can watch City.

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:25 pm --

de niro said:
Thats bollocks, they were lucky it wasn't 8 fucking nil. Webb helped them. Oh and thier fans were cunts cheering agueros injury. Cunts , hope they go straight back down.

Now, now.

Our attitude was very sloppy and we did not look solid and was wasteful with our chances. However we managed to get the 3 points which is job done.

i♥city! said:
Personally i think Yaya was played a little too deep today and Yaya loves going forward so that left us open for the 2nd goal . Rodwell was good today , he gave great long passes unfortunately he made a rookie mistake . Thank God for Nasri's form . Hope Silva gets better as the season progresses.
I felt he had to stop dropping deeper because after Rodwell's mistake he looked rattled and was dropping off too far. Granted, he tried to push forward a few times in possession to maybe make up for it. Still the amount of possession where they sat comfortably 20 yards out directly in front of goal waiting to pick a dangerous pass with no closing down was worrisome. That's boggling that both our center midfielders allowed that.

Credit to Southampton for sticking in there and playing some decent football, but it should have been far, far more comfortable, penalty miss and the bar from Silva, Dzeko almost an open goal, and Balo should have done better.

Still, very impressed by us when we went down a goal, totally calm and we just ooze belief now. A good win because promoted teams are always tough for their first few games and we will have played a bit of rust out the system and maybe a slight wake-up call especially for the defence, no room for complacency.

And Nasri was fantastic.

Damocles said:
Thoughts:

Rodwell had a very good debut. His job is to recycle possession and he did that well. Unfortunately mistake for the goal based on a pass without enough speed, but he's a young lad and I'm excited about him as a prospect. He has that ideal of working in a passing game that is very hard to find. I expect him to get a good 20 starts this year in all comps.

Nasri had a good game technically. More to the point, he was acting like a captain on the pitch, constantly harrassing people who slacked off in the way that Kompany does but also providing a fantastic ball for the assit and a good finish for the goal.

Dzeko was his usual frustrating self. It's becoming more and more clear over the games that he doesn't have the speed of thought to really challenge for a first team spot a City. Great bench player though.

I'll say this now in one of my "predicitions that prove true in 12 months" type moments. Gael Clichy is becoming a world class left back. His defending is great, going forward he's a good player, his passing is sublime considering he' a full back, he has nice pace, is strong and can shoot. People will be singing his praises as above Evra in months to come, mark my words.

Tevez had a nice game, nothing special by his standards but interesting enough to torment the Saints defence.

Kompany was a little flappy at points, though Lescott did okay.

Silva was about 25 miles off form. If it wasn't Our Dave, he'd be getting a slating on here. He's had a long summer and still isn't really up to full fitness, more to come from him.

Zab was a constant thorn in the side of the defence and played very well. Very good defending from him too, which is rare.

Yaya was ok by his standards. Not as driving as usual but made an effort, seems unfit.

That's about it really, Saints were determined and on another day it could have been 4-0 to us or 4-0 to them. Fantastic game for the neutral, advert for the league.

All in all, I'm happy. Points on the board is what matters at this point rather than performance and we've done that. Onwards and upwards.

Jesus fella give it a rest over Dzeko and Clichy did well

Kurple said:
rodwell was solid.. he was very good except for one horrible mistake, that he wont make again

and well done nasri.. someone needs to make a highlightreel of nasri this game

This. Yes! He was amazing. His defensive work was better than I have ever seen from him. He scored the winning goal and seriously how many chances did he create? I can remember 2 for Tevez, 1 for Silva, Balotelli and Dzeko that were all clear cut and should've been finished! And all his corners were right at the top of the GK's box and over the first man.

Re: Congratulations Southampton

carlos92 said:
SamTheGuru said:
carlos92 said:
They had an effective game plan which nearly worked. They have good energy levels and defended well.

Our game plan is to exhaust who we are playing against. But for the last 20 minutes, we were the ones that were exhausted. I hope the next game isn't like this otherwise I don't know how much longer I can watch City.

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:25 pm --

de niro said:
Thats bollocks, they were lucky it wasn't 8 fucking nil. Webb helped them. Oh and thier fans were cunts cheering agueros injury. Cunts , hope they go straight back down.

Now, now.

Our attitude was very sloppy and we did not look solid and was wasteful with our chance but we managed to get the 3 points which is job done.

Silva was way off and there is no way Hart would have let in either of those goals if he was on form but needless to say, Southampton were deserved today.

thought we were really poor for the majority of the match in comparison to our usual standards)

players looked leggy and a few yards off the pace with the exception of tevez and nasri who both played really well.

silvas radar was well off and the back 4 looked very nervous which is unusual.

mancini wont be happy with that performance at all and the injury to aguero is very worrying.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.