City v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

I reckon Lambert will be up for proving himself. Could have a half decent season, maybe like Holt last year.

Anyone reckon Bob will give Rodwell 10-15 minutes?

We should score at least two and not concede any if Kompany and Lescott are playing.

Hope it's a good match and Southampton try to play some football, but if they put 10 behind the ball they should prepare for a really tough match and a potential smashing.

--------------------------------HART-----------------------------------------

---------------KOMPANY----------LESCOTT--------CLICHY-------------------

---ZABALETA----------------------------------------------------KOLOROV----

--------------------------TOURE-------DE JONG-------------------------------

--------------------------------SILVA------------------------------------------

----------------------AGUERO-----------TEVEZ--------------------------------

Richard said:
--------------------------------HART-----------------------------------------

---------------KOMPANY----------LESCOTT--------CLICHY-------------------

---ZABALETA----------------------------------------------------KOLOROV----

--------------------------TOURE-------DE JONG-------------------------------

I wouldnt like to be a saints fan getting texted that 30 mins b4 kickoff.

--------------------------------PANTS-----------------------------------------

---------------ZABALETA----------LESCOTT--------CLICHY-------------------

---MILNER----------------------------------------------------KOLAROV----

--------------------------TOURE-------NASRI-------------------------------

Marvin said:
Last time we played Southampton was a 4th Rnd January FA Cup tie in 1997. I remember a very impressive Kenwyn Jones scoring a goal at the North Stand end, but I think we won 3-1 on our way to a FA Cup Q/F defeat at Ewood Pk.

A lot has happened for us both since then. I think Southampton got relegated again to the old 3rd Division, but then Pompey started their collapse and then Southampton have won two successive promotions

They are managed by Nigel Adkins who used to manage Scunthorpe. Their two stand out players are Rickie Lambert who has scored an amazing number of goals in their promotions, and Jack Cork the former Chelsea youth graduate who played for Team GB. He hurt his ankle in pre-season and is a big doubt for this game.

No offence to Southampton fans, but City will not be worrying what the opposition have got and will be intent on playing our own game. Last season we opened up against another promoted club, Swansea who played very well but still ended up getting beat 4-0 with the game especially memorable for the debut of Aguero who lit up that night.

Although there's still another week to go it looks very much as if City will start the season with no new signings which is strange as a lot of people in football define City by the cheque book.

We've yet to play Chelsea in the Community Shield but this is my attempt at the team

-------------------Hart---------------
Zabaleta----Kompany---Lescott--Clichy

------Milner------Toure-----Kolarov

------AJ---------Aguero-----Tevez

It's a little unusual as I think Mancini will not play Silva, Nasri and Balotelli as they have missed much of pre-season
I cannot remember losing a qf at Ewood apart from the one about 5 years ago. Good post though

Marvin said:
Last time we played Southampton was a 4th Rnd January FA Cup tie in 1997. I remember a very impressive Kenwyn Jones scoring a goal at the North Stand end, but I think we won 3-1 on our way to a FA Cup Q/F defeat at Ewood Pk.

A lot has happened for us both since then. I think Southampton got relegated again to the old 3rd Division, but then Pompey started their collapse and then Southampton have won two successive promotions

They are managed by Nigel Adkins who used to manage Scunthorpe. Their two stand out players are Rickie Lambert who has scored an amazing number of goals in their promotions, and Jack Cork the former Chelsea youth graduate who played for Team GB. He hurt his ankle in pre-season and is a big doubt for this game.

No offence to Southampton fans, but City will not be worrying what the opposition have got and will be intent on playing our own game. Last season we opened up against another promoted club, Swansea who played very well but still ended up getting beat 4-0 with the game especially memorable for the debut of Aguero who lit up that night.

Although there's still another week to go it looks very much as if City will start the season with no new signings which is strange as a lot of people in football define City by the cheque book.

We've yet to play Chelsea in the Community Shield but this is my attempt at the team

-------------------Hart---------------
Zabaleta----Kompany---Lescott--Clichy

------Milner------Toure-----Kolarov

------AJ---------Aguero-----Tevez

It's a little unusual as I think Mancini will not play Silva, Nasri and Balotelli as they have missed much of pre-season

Did you know the same thing happened 10 years later in the FA Cup :)

Marvin said:
--------------------------------PANTS-----------------------------------------

---------------ZABALETA----------LESCOTT--------CLICHY-------------------

---MILNER----------------------------------------------------KOLAROV----

--------------------------TOURE-------NASRI-------------------------------

You forgot the Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.