City v Stoke - 23/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How convenient

There is a reason we are clinging on by our finger nails to a top 4 spot - just!
We should win today comfortably. However if we get beat I really do think we have blown it.
Not to finish in the top 4 is simply unthinkable with the squad we have and the investment we have made
in the team. If we don't qualify then the manager has to carry the can.
Your continued positivity is inspirational, veritably a modern day Churchill

Edit - the dog off the telly adverts

I presume that's based on managers he's lost to, I could give a very impressive list of managers he's beaten, did he out think them? I'm not going to list them though because it's a nonsense argument, made even sillier by saying he is on a par with. Pearce.
A lot of the teams we've beaten have had far worse squads than us. Can you give me a list of teams we've beaten that we had no right to like West Han/Leicester etc managed with us.

A lot of the teams we've beaten have had far worse squads than us. Can you give me a list of teams we've beaten that we had no right to like West Han/Leicester etc managed with us.
Obviously not because at the level we are there are only about 4 / 5 in all Europe that would apply to and we haven't played them maybe Wednesday morning. But losing to Pardew doesn't mean he is a better manager, any more than beating Bayern last season and Chelsea this means Pellegrini is better than Guardiola and Mourihno it's that argument and concluding Pellegrini is on a par with Pearce and Hughes that I have a problem with.

Obviously not because at the level we are there are only about 4 / 5 in all Europe that would apply to and we haven't played them maybe Wednesday morning. But losing to Pardew doesn't mean he is a better manager, any more than beating Bayern last season and Chelsea this means Pellegrini is better than Guardiola and Mourihno it's that argument and concluding Pellegrini is on a par with Pearce and Hughes that I have a problem with.
When you look at resources available to him, to say that Pellegrini has done anything other than underperform to an horrific extent in the league is an understatement.

Could Pearce or Hughes done better with this squad? We don't know but such a statement doesn't seem too wide of the mark to me.

When you look at resources available to him, to say that Pellegrini has done anything other than underperform to an horrific extent in the league is an understatement.

Could Pearce or Hughes done better with this squad? We don't know but such a statement doesn't seem too wide of the mark to me.
It's that humongous leap from your first statement to your second that I don't get. Do you nor remember how bad Pearce was, have you not seen his record since leaving us.

It's that humongous leap from your first statement to your second that I don't get. Do you nor remember how bad Pearce was, have you not seen his record since leaving us.
Ok I accept the Pearce remark. But I doubt there are many Premier League managers that would have done a worse job in the league if they had our squad and were in their third season at the club.

Someone mentioned it before. Pellegrini is a one trick pony in the league. The best results have come in the CL when he usually actually picks the correct team and mixes up his tactics.

Your continued positivity is inspirational, veritably a modern day Churchill

Edit - the dog off the telly adverts

This manager has somehow managed to suck the positivity out of the players the team the club and the fans over the last two seasons.
I can assure you that where I sit in the stadium I am far from alone. These days its actually starting to become a chore to go to the match rather than an enjoyment.

• This is a very Damming stat......
  • City have won just one of their 13 games against the current top nine (Stoke are ninth) in the top flight this season (D3, L9).
  • It is a must win today

• This is a very Damming stat......
  • City have won just one of their 13 games against the current top nine (Stoke are ninth) in the top flight this season (D3, L9).
  • It is a must win today

That is why 10/1 for a Stoke win is worth a cheeky £5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.