City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Shirley said:
I'm beginning to wonder if the Dzeko haters on here are really rags, surely true Blues wouldn't stoop so low.
Or they just don't rate a player that obviously isn't at a standard the club is looking to be at.

AliWaheed said:
mancity61 said:
A fucking two year old could have put that away. Edin Overbar bleeding useless - has to go!

Hopefully, he'll get on the bus back to Stoke. He's headed there at some point anyway.

"Dzeko eventually going to Stoke" might have been 15% funny the first time you said it. That was about 100 times ago. Give it a rest, FFS.

That said, horrible game for him. Hopefully the Beast will get fit and Jovetic isn't out for too long if at all.

In fairness to Dzeko, he has had a lot of pretty strong performances going back to even before the turn of the year. I don't see why some go so far out of their way to smash the guy (or needlessly defend him, for that matter.) Everyone has a fucking bad day at the office every now and again. Doesn't mean they should be taken out back and shot.

Coming off the back of a head wrecking few games including tue undeserved loss to Barcelona I thought we stood up like Heroes today.

Couldn't fault the application, pressing and desire against the most stubborn anti football bunch of cunts in the division.

The final touches were sadly lacking but the rest of our play was good and showed we have mental fortitude and still want the trophy.

Dzeko was horrific and when he's horrific there's no worse sight.

3 points in the bag will do me very very nicely.

Der Bomber said:
AliWaheed said:
mancity61 said:
A fucking two year old could have put that away. Edin Overbar bleeding useless - has to go!

Hopefully, he'll get on the bus back to Stoke. He's headed there at some point anyway.

"Dzeko eventually going to Stoke" might have been 15% funny the first time you said it. That was about 100 times ago. Give it a rest, FFS.

That said, horrible game for him. Hopefully the Beast will get fit and Jovetic isn't out for too long if at all.

In fairness to Dzeko, he has had a lot of pretty strong performances going back to even before the turn of the year. I don't see why some go so far out of their way to smash the guy (or needlessly defend him, for that matter.) Everyone has a fucking bad day at the office every now and again. Doesn't mean they should be taken out back and shot.

Mate, I'm not trying to be funny. If I say it enough, I'm hoping it will happen.

Have to say, in all the criticism he gets from some experts, Yaya played a real leaders game today. Forget the goal, but he was the one driving us forward time and time again. Seemed really desperate for the result today. Credit to him.

Damocles said:
AliWaheed said:
Shirley said:
Totally disagree, perhaps you left very early.
What? before Dzeko managed to clear off the line for Stoke?

Ok, that's a far point. We can now upgrade his performance to "as useful as the post". We were all hoping for a performance more suited to a professional football player rather than an inanimate object

I'm sure you don't give a crap what I think, but you seem to be very well regarded on here, and you generally seem to be the voice of reason amongst the madness, so I assume your opinion is being unduly coloured by the "miss of the season". Dzeko was pretty poor today, as were several others, and even our best performers gave the ball away a lot and made some bad decisions. However, he certainly wasn't an inanimate object, he was involved in a few of our more promising moves, and I thought he worked pretty hard under the circumstances - I'm sure you're aware how tough it is for strikers like Dzeko and Negredo to thrive in this kind of game.

There are enough ridiculous, over-the-top views aired on here without the sensible posters joining in.

moomba said:
Have to say, in all the criticism he gets from some experts, Yaya played a real leaders game today. Forget the goal, but he was the one driving us forward time and time again. Seemed really desperate for the result today. Credit to him.

Is he fuck. He's a 'liability' surely you know that ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.