City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Dzeko is getting a lot of criticism on here, but I'm getting really worried about Negredo. Since his injury
he has struggled and yesterday was anonymous most of the time.

If we are having a little dip, then let's get it over with quick!
should've been a routine win, but for Dzeko's "my zimmer pushing granny could've done better" non tap in, it would've been!
It's always difficult to re-adjust from the intensity of Barca to the cloggers of Stoke, unless you get an early goal, a la Arsenal, it's tough to break down 10 men wheel clamped and parked on the 18 yrd line.
Still, a win is a win, if we can hang in until it clicks again, then we're in with a shot, a quick retune of the City engine with Nasri fully fit and Aguero ready to go will give us the zip we need to push on

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Dzeko is getting a lot of criticism on here, but I'm getting really worried about Negredo. Since his injury

i dont think its about negredo or dzeko, it more about tempo and the fact yaya is being wasted being told to sit in amongst the back 4 or just in front.

r.soleofsalford said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

i dont think its about negredo or dzeko, it more about tempo and the fact yaya is being wasted being told to sit in amongst the back 4 or just in front.

Just as an aside to this. Have we all seen Yaya's interview on the OS. When asked about the rest before the CoC final. You could see
he meant it and is looking forward to maybe a bit of relaxation.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
r.soleofsalford said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

Just as an aside to this. Have we all seen Yaya's interview on the OS. When asked about the rest before the CoC final. You could see

in fairness i think we all deserve a rest, this season has even taken it out of the supporters. i`m feeling knackered

r.soleofsalford said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
r.soleofsalford said:

in fairness i think we all deserve a rest, this season has even taken it out of the supporters. i`m feeling knackered

Yeah was much better in "The Good Ol' Days" when we celebrated our end of season with Turkey and all the trimmings ;-)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
r.soleofsalford said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

Yeah was much better in "The Good Ol' Days" when we celebrated our end of season with Turkey and all the trimmings ;-)

not forgetting the crackers 8-)

r.soleofsalford said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

TBH, I thinks its about either Dzeko or Negredo not both. They are both used to being the main target man and as such, they naturally want to take up each other's striking positions.

I think if we'd have started with Jovetic, Silva or Yaya behind Negredo, we'd have seen a different performance from the player. I think the week off so the players can rest and recouperate will be crucial, and I'm glad we're going into it with the 3 point in our back pockets.

Gash. Oh hang on wait a bit...no it was gash.

3 points and beating a Mark Hughes side always a positive though.

Just not a fan of the Dzeko/Negrado combo. I do try and like it but it leaves me cold. It just looks so 1950's.

On the other hand you have to love Yaya. Which I do. Lots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.