City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Didsbury Dave said:
bluebobom said:
A game like that, with a team parking the bus:

6 times out of ten we'll eventually break them down, get a goal, and sometimes three or four once they have to start opening up.
3 times out of ten we'll draw,
and once every so often they'll defend really well and hit us on the break like today.

Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but more often than not we get 3 points in these sorts of matches. This afternoon was the exception. Move on.

That's how I see it, more or less. Our creative players (silva, jovetic and yaya) all played poorly, nothing ran for us, we conceded a shocking goal in their only attack. It happens every now and again. Nothing to worry about.
Could have done with Navas on from the start to stretch them. Always knew what they were going to do, but we were pedestrian.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluebobom said:
A game like that, with a team parking the bus:

6 times out of ten we'll eventually break them down, get a goal, and sometimes three or four once they have to start opening up.
3 times out of ten we'll draw,
and once every so often they'll defend really well and hit us on the break like today.

Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but more often than not we get 3 points in these sorts of matches. This afternoon was the exception. Move on.

That's how I see it, more or less. Our creative players (silva, jovetic and yaya) all played poorly, nothing ran for us, we conceded a shocking goal in their only attack. It happens every now and again. Nothing to worry about.

Agree that days like that happen now and again. But don't agree there's nothing to worry about cos I doubt the team that wins the league this year can afford more than 1 of those days (and possibly none at all)

All I can say is this: C'mon Everton!

Actually, feeling guilty tonight - I fear I jinxed us cos after Liverpool I put a couple of quid on us doing an Arsenal, going a whole prem season unbeaten.

So blame me!

Just got in, a bit crap really however it's good to know that we can still lose games every now and again it might knock some of the complacently out of us all

Onwards and upwards

That was this seasons Cardiff result from 2013/14, we will get over it and not play that poorly for a long time. Having said that today was an example why I will never agree with rotating both fullbacks. Clichy has had a fantastic two games and Zaba well he's just Zaba. Fullbacks are key to our play as they offer width and against a team that has 30odd% possession and parks the bus they are even more important. I love our Manager but last season the only blips we had were when he changed both fullbacks. Sagna looked not ready for the season and I think he was only in the team to give him a run out and Kolarov was very poor today. Finally got to say I really don't like Stoke, a couple of naughty challenges and wasting time from the outset, we have to move on and forget todays game. Only rotate when we have three matches per week Manuel thank you!

Awful today as a collective, with too many poor performances from individuals to boot. Similar to the Wigan at home game in the FA Cup to me, and the Sunderland home performance. Thought the players just weren't interested at all. Time to dust ourselves down have a good look in the mirror and move on to the next game.

Still think we're missing a Johnson type impact player. Not one player in the team tries to take on an opposition player.

Johnson from the bench scored late goals, drew free kicks and won penalties.

Exactly what Hazard just did for Chelsea.

Still do not understand how in games we have 74% of the ball yet concede 3 times as many free kicks as the opposition.
Opposition- foul, kick, kick, kick= eventual free kick to city.
City foul= free kick and a yellow

Read the first few pages.

Poor performance but nothing to panic about.

Joe should have saved it but he should never have got there. Vinny was just as much at fault.
If Fernando was still playing, they wouldn't have scored.
Corners were awful.
Sagna was ok but offered very little going forward.
Silva and nasri were poor.
Jovetic played well - compared to the rest at least.
Atmosphere was poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.