City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Sky Blue said:
Gray said:
Complete and utter garbage, quite the worst game I have seen since the Sheik arrived..
I need to log off...

Yep, that one does it for me too. Nice to get the first BM meltdown out of the way, though. If you told me I had to take a dick punch at some point this year I suppose I'd rather just volunteer and be done with it. Nobody likes the prospect of a looming dick punch, guys... remember that.

Can't be arsed trawling through all the posts - we're all Narcissists obsessed with our own posts anyway!

I, like you, just want to 'vent my spleen'

- Hart to blame and Kompany, for their goal... fucking embarrassing, that was.

Yayas a lazy bastard at times, bless him, slowed all our attacks down. to a crab olympics pace.

And Sagna (had a good game) but he's no Zabba, and Kolarov is slump of lard - end of.

Zab and clichy back

Right, I'm off to get pissed

Before anybody starts getting on their high horse I'm not blaming Mason for the result because we were truly appalling in virtually every respect today but how that c*nt can be allowed to referee us again is bizarre. He was pulled (for personal reasons) from refereeing 2 of the last 6 games of the previous title run in after the club/Vieira went to the FA and now he's back. I know a lot on here will say just a bad performance etc. but that wasn't bad, that was bent. Consistently blowing for niggly little things when we're in possession and stopping play, yet the other way nothing. Yaya to be fair should have been sent off for that dive, even Ashley Young would have been embarrassed and I'd ban him for 10 games anyway, just for being a c*nt in the summer.

halfgoathalfotter said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
either everyone lives within minutes of the stadium or no one on here goes anymore, never realized how busy it is on here on a match day
don't go anymore because of fertile sperm and empty wallet.both ways fuck off bellend

Why don't you fuck off tit. If was a genuine question as it never used to be this busy on here after a match.

I hve a different slant on it. Stoke did enough to contain us. And helped by soft decisions.

I didnt see much wrong with how we played because we tried. It just that our positional play was nullified by Stoke's positional play. Several of our passes were intercepted and they got us playing in the middle.

Granted Sagna needs to get up to speed with our positional play as RB is where we have extra creativity. His clicking with our strategy may or may not come time will tell.

I think other teams would see this game as a blueprint on how to contain Silva unfortunately. So Im hoping the training ground would address these scenarios.

yes Hart could have done much better with the goal, but we shouldnt have allowed Diouf that running space in the first place.

credit to Stoke who got it right defensively. For us, its early days. Better to know now than later.

I'll give Mark Hughes and this Stoke side some credit, well done, they were good foil for us today. Stifled us going forwards, dangerous on the counter. Also, fair play to the Stoke fans, decent variety of songs, they were also quite funny when they weren't being dicks.

Why didn't they fly at Stoke from the first whistle. When you give a team of Stokes organisation time to get into defensive positions, it's always going to be tough to break down. You can't let them settle. Hit them fast and cause uncertainty. Tempo is key.

pweyhe said:
Haven't seen anyone note what I thought was a bit of problem.. we tend to force it into Aguero when he plays. I mean we know how good he is, and he makes great runs, but we are best when we play as a full team, and then when the chances fall to players like Sergio, he takes them. He gave the ball away quite a bit today trying to force the issue.

I thought the subs were correct, although Dzeko probably should've started, and I didn't get why Navas came in for Nasri instead of Silva. Samir had created a couple of chances for us, and Dave was really struggling, which happens sometimes. We also then could've switched Nasri to the left with Kolorav, and we may have actually got some crosses from him.

It's not as bad as people are going to make it out to be, but there is something to say for not having a lull in the first half. We started off quick, but then fell off after about 15 minutes. Have to keep the pressure going. We're gonna be fine, though, guys. Just gotta learn from it.
Hey pal, stop talking sense! Dont you know where you are?

Anyone else think Lee Mason was so biased towards Stoke because of what Brenda said about him being from Greater Manchester, after last years home game with the dippers. He seemed determined to give us nothing.

Anyone mentioning Reus, in this thread is a spoilt brat. We have one of the finest collective units I have ever seen, with millions of £'s spent. Stoke came in, killed the game off, we made mistakes and couldn't take our chances. So many peoples reaction is to just throw money at problems. What happens if we get Reus and we lose, who's next that we need to buy? The league isn't the same it was 20 years ago, we are going to lose some games. I cringe when I read people saying we don't have enough quality. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.