City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Skashion said:
I'll give Mark Hughes and this Stoke side some credit, well done, they were good foil for us today. Stifled us going forwards, dangerous on the counter. Also, fair play to the Stoke fans, decent variety of songs, they were also quite funny when they weren't being dicks.

Yep they came with a clear gameplan, they knew they wont have much shot on targets maybe 1-2 from crosses/corners and 1-2 counters maybe.
Closing mayn gaps at the back, making one of their reall counters count so much was all they could have done today and they did it.

Lot of discipine from their attackers, Diouf, Crouch constantly coming back to their box to defend.

KippaxCitizen said:
30% effort in the first half, 40% in the second for a bit, 60% after they scored then we just gave up after the Yaya dive.

Abysmal!

About as bad as we've played at home since the Forest defeat in the FA Cup under Hughes. Can't think of one redeeming feature from anyone in the whole game. Unless you want to rate slow and lethargic passing that's easy to defend against as one.

I thought we were going to leave these types of shite performances behind now. Especially at home. Stoke have won about half a dozen away games in about two years.

Shite! They should be ashamed of themselves.

The goal was an embarrassment! Kolarov should hack him down on the half way line and take a booking; Fernadinho looked like a rabbit in the headlights and Joe Hart was Conference standard with that effort.

Well played Stoke. N'Zonze bossed the midfield from start to finish. They were hungrier, sharper...better!

Couldn't be more pissed off with the players today. Let Pellegrini, the fans and themselves down.

Yaya wanted to be out of the rain and in front of the tele at home. Should donate this week's wages to charity!

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Hopefully we will use today's performance to spur us on the retain our league title.

Shocking, Yaya in jog mode and Kolarov in play it to my feet mode, thought we looked a bit more lively when Navas was on.

A game like that, with a team parking the bus:

6 times out of ten we'll eventually break them down, get a goal, and sometimes three or four once they have to start opening up.
3 times out of ten we'll draw,
and once every so often they'll defend really well and hit us on the break like today.

Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but more often than not we get 3 points in these sorts of matches. This afternoon was the exception. Move on.

just...don't know what to say about it, thought we were beyond that mentality and performance now, the players had all said how they'd learnt from 2 years ago and it was going to be different, it wasn't...it was same old "we've won our title now we can relax" cobblers, we can't really afford to lose another home game now, thrown our get out of jail card away in August, they better buck their ideas up, none of this "all about the CL cobblers", I don't expect to see a performance or result like this again this season. Pellegrini better have bollocked them tonight.

bluebobom said:

6 times out of ten we'll eventually break them down, get a goal, and sometimes three or four once they have to start opening up.
and once every so often they'll defend really well and hit us on the break like today.

Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but more often than not we get 3 points in these sorts of matches. This afternoon was the exception. Move on.

That's how I see it, more or less. Our creative players (silva, jovetic and yaya) all played poorly, nothing ran for us, we conceded a shocking goal in their only attack. It happens every now and again. Nothing to worry about.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluebobom said:

That's how I see it, more or less. Our creative players (silva, jovetic and yaya) all played poorly, nothing ran for us, we conceded a shocking goal in their only attack. It happens every now and again. Nothing to worry about.

Disagree, a complacent performance from us today, and it's something which unfortunately we have in our game. I bet Pellegrini wasn't happy with the attitude of the players and gave them a much deserved bollocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.