City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Stokeybothener said:
I come in peace as a loyal stokie.

Went the game today and watching you today was like us against villa on our 1st home game.

I do think u underestimated us, u are not yet working to your full performance like last season.

A lot of your lot state that we parked the bus. Both teams only had 2 shots on target.

It seems like us (except when playing top 4) it seems possession figures mean more than the dangerous driving runs. Against both villa and hull we had all the possession but it was like watching England... All at the back and with the keeper.

I guess were just better at counter attack football nowadays. Last season we beat Chelsea, arsenal, manure drew to you boys. Just can't seem to finish of shit teams!
You fully deserved the win, mate. We weren't at it and your lot have to take the credit for that.

Chippy_boy said:
dubblue said:
It was a terrible result and performance. They are few and far between these days in fairness but we really need our home form to be almost impeccable if we want to retain the title,and that's 3pts gone already. With the games in the next few weeks it could be a long season of catch up with never actually catching them. Them being Chelsea.

And apart from anything else, don't you just hate playing catch up? I do. Every season we seem to be X points behind, and have to look at the table for 35+ weeks with 1 or 2 teams above us. Wouldn't it be nice to go top and stay top for a bleedin change.

I think we'll have to wait for next season for that.

I am not bothered if we are not top now it s who's top in may that matters, I think arsenal were top most of last season and we were top the least , you don't get a prize for being top the most weeks it who finishes top in May that matters.

Awful result/performance the kind of which we cant afford too often this season, especially when teams come to Etihad in Champions League who can play these tactics far more effectively than Stoke.
I think the squad looks strong in all departments with the signings we have made but we are lacking one type of player which you sometimes need to unlock these tight defences. Our attacking attributes are Pace, Strength and intricate passing in and around the box but I feel that we lack some trickery in certain games. Sometimes organised defences stay deep and are very keep us passing sideways in front of them. We got out of jail last season a few times with shots from distance finding the net but its dribblers who commit defenders by going past somebody and things start to open up or you draw free kicks n penalties. The final piece of the jigsaw for me is a dribbler. Somebody like Sterling would do very nicely !!

Even in Arsenal's Invincibles season, they drew with Birmingham, Charlton, Leicester, Fulham and Portsmouth.

It happens! It really is as simple as that. Just don't make a habit of it.

Around this time last season I was thinking 'we will struggle to finish top four'.

If the last few years have taught us anything it's that things change and it ain't over til it's over.

I still think the main target this season is a semi final or better in the champions league and when you start to rest key players after a great win vs liverpoool or change it so players are kept happy its show a little bit of weakness from the manager

yesterday we was not at it from the start to slow in moving the ball around and hit into aguero feet too much they had a plan and hit us on the break but when you really don't test there keeper its shows the manager got it wrong

dzeko should have started with and Jesus Navas for Samir Nasri hit them with speed and somebody to hold the ball up front for aguero to run in behind them

put in the bank put it down to early season or just say its was not our day but the best thing if you can take something out of yesterday is it will keep our feet on the floor alot been said in the first 2 games and maybe we started to play the Mr big champions tag you have to roll over bow down to Manchester city but nobody in the premier league is going to give us the points for having the golden badge on our sleeves you have to fight the good fight lesson 1 learn from it move on

ancoats said:
I still think the main target this season is a semi final or better in the champions league and when you start to rest key players after a great win vs liverpoool or change it so players are kept happy its show a little bit of weakness from the manager

yesterday we was not at it from the start to slow in moving the ball around and hit into aguero feet too much they had a plan and hit us on the break but when you really don't test there keeper its shows the manager got it wrong

dzeko should have started with and Jesus Navas for Samir Nasri hit them with speed and somebody to hold the ball up front for aguero to run in behind them

put in the bank put it down to early season or just say its was not our day but the best thing if you can take something out of yesterday is it will keep our feet on the floor alot been said in the first 2 games and maybe we started to play the Mr big champions tag you have to roll over bow down to Manchester city but nobody in the premier league is going to give us the points for having the golden badge on our sleeves you have to fight the good fight lesson 1 learn from it move on

I don't think resting is really what happened ancoats. I think it was more about trying to bring the squad upto fitness but as with last season in a couple of early games Pelli miscalculated the opposition.

Chippy_boy said:
dubblue said:
It was a terrible result and performance. They are few and far between these days in fairness but we really need our home form to be almost impeccable if we want to retain the title,and that's 3pts gone already. With the games in the next few weeks it could be a long season of catch up with never actually catching them. Them being Chelsea.

And apart from anything else, don't you just hate playing catch up? I do. Every season we seem to be X points behind, and have to look at the table for 35+ weeks with 1 or 2 teams above us. Wouldn't it be nice to go top and stay top for a bleedin change.

I think we'll have to wait for next season for that.
We were top for 28 weeks in 2011/12.

blue b4 the moon said:
ancoats said:

I don't think resting is really what happened ancoats. I think it was more about trying to bring the squad upto fitness but as with last season in a couple of early games Pelli miscalculated the opposition.

Sagna for Zabba, Kolorov for Clichy and Aguero for a slightly injured Dzecko. Not too much underestimating from the Liverpool game. They played about as well as they can. Their ex rags stepped up as usually happens with Sunderland, and we weren't quite at it.
We do look half a yard off the pace, which I would hope is not the case in a fortnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.