City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Burtonrdblue said:
lasereyes said:
Burtonrdblue said:
The worst I've seen em since the Sunderland game but least we scraped a point then!! Positive note least it's three games in and not three games to go!! Wasn't very impressed with Sagna as he doesn't get forward like Zaba and his defending looked suspect to me?

Actually, Sagna was solid on the defensive end and made some important tackles. Also, he is known as a good crosser of the ball, but didn't show that yesterday, but frankly nobody did. Navas was particularly culpable. I was watching Leicester's goal today with a wonderful first time cross and thinking that's exactly what we failed to do.

It was the lads debut and he's only human he's gonna be nervous!! Maybe I'm too big of a Zaba fan!! Was a great cross for Leicester's goal. Yes Navas seems to panic when he gets in a good position he should of leathered it hard and low a few times instead of trying to stand it up for Kun against Shawcross!! About his defensive play Sagna, like I said he was probably nervous and Moses did give him a good workout.

I don't think it's possible to be too big a Zaba fan! He's my (and many other City fans') favourite player hands-down. How I wish we had 11 players like him!

Sagna is not Zaba - obviously cos no right back in world football really is. But I think he is a solid backup and (sadly) an upgrade over Micah who looks headed for Fiorentina (loan?). Zaba will play in all the important games, but Sagna will do a job when Zaba needs a rest or if he gets injured.

chicagoblues said:
fuck

Had to get out of me ...still not over it.

Puts us under pressure considering who the next 2 league games are against. Making it difficult for ourselves as usual.

dubblue said:
chicagoblues said:
fuck

Had to get out of me ...still not over it.

Puts us under pressure considering who the next 2 league games are against. Making it difficult for ourselves as usual.

It's forced us to try and win at Arsenal in my opinion and if we want to beat Chelsea to the title I think it's a must we beat them at home.

I would take a point away to Arsenal but against Chelsea I think its must win so worst case scenario would be anything less than 4 points in my opinion.

I am not expecting anything away at Bayern though but I still expect us to get 6 points from CSKA and 4 points from Roma.

Silva is way below par and it affects us badly. Not blaming him for the defeat but he is so important when we have to unlock packed defences and his passing is way off at the moment.
Hope he finds his form soon.

super_city_si said:
Silva is way below par and it affects us badly. Not blaming him for the defeat but he is so important when we have to unlock packed defences and his passing is way off at the moment.
same could be said for fernandinho...

bluechampion7891 said:
super_city_si said:
same could be said for fernandinho...

..and Yaya and Hart - and Kolarov looked like he was running on treacle for their goal. Disappointing but we can get a helluva lot better, and let's hope Stoke perform similarly against Chelsea when the time comes.

Long way to go yet, thank god!

super_city_si said:

U can't say that on here , Silva is world class

Jack74 said:
super_city_si said:

U can't say that on here , Silva is world class
First time you've ever got it right on Silva, although he wasn't at his best Saturday.

super_city_si said:
Even i felt so,worst game from him in recent times for city,was subdued for most parts of the game,gave away the ball few times,didn't even try in the second half,it almost felt to me like he was hiding .He needs to find his form back when we face arsenal,bayern and chelsea.Without his incisive passing we lack that cutting edge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.