City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Rasher said:
This was Typical City was it not !!!

Indeed it was. I felt absolutely certain we would smash this one. The Typical City will never go away. Still is that just football with a City slant on it. My guess is yes. Anyway you can't win em mall, another game next week, lets hope we learned from this one. It's early enough in the season to take it.

bugsyblue said:
We lost today because of our full backs and obviously a bit of bad luck and good strong defending from stoke. They deserve credit for their organisation and resilience today. However Kolarov didn't overlap more than once or twice all game, it was the poorest attacking game I've seen from him in a long time. And Sagna proved today how vital zab is to us. His runs are one dimensional and he very rarely gave us any options down the right.

Spot on analysis. This was so un City like today. Hopefully it wont happen again.

J_Bow said:
I'd like to say it's very harsh to single out individuals when the whole team played awful as a unit but Yaya was really off, again.

His usual laziness, lulling on the ball and moving the ball too slow. When he's really off it he just leaves his midfield partner in the shit having to do his job defensively as well.

Like someone said above, we just seem to struggle against certain teams like Stoke, Palace & Sunderland at home once they come and just set out to defend with 2 banks of four and work non stop. It isn't helped when we don't up the pace from kick off though.

I can't believe you and I were watching the same game. I don't have the stats available to me, but I would bet my house on

1) Yaya making the most passes in the game
2) Covering the most ground on any player in the game
3) Most shots on target
4) Creating most opportunities (Hitting post, forcing save, couple of deflections forcing corner, penalty shout, etc)

Of all the players who had bad game, I think Yaya/Kompany were the best of bad lot.

Surprised how the full backs are getting the blame for not putting in crosses, when they did there was no one in the middle to get on the end of it therefore they was reluctant to get it in early next time. Kolarov put in a few really good ones early on and we had no one within five yards of them

Start was too slow, middle was too slow and it only got going when it was too late.

Poor from start to finish with no one excelling themselves.

Jovetic was as gash today as he was good Monday.

Why did Fernandinho just let their man run past him? And as for Hart, well one thing to do all game and he couldn't do it!

Stoke did well. Fair play to them. They are shit to watch but came to do a job on us and did one! Their defence was superb.

Navas should start next game as Nasri always plays shit at arsenal.

Not a good day at all.

jpargo said:
J_Bow said:
I'd like to say it's very harsh to single out individuals when the whole team played awful as a unit but Yaya was really off, again.

His usual laziness, lulling on the ball and moving the ball too slow. When he's really off it he just leaves his midfield partner in the shit having to do his job defensively as well.

Like someone said above, we just seem to struggle against certain teams like Stoke, Palace & Sunderland at home once they come and just set out to defend with 2 banks of four and work non stop. It isn't helped when we don't up the pace from kick off though.

I can't believe you and I were watching the same game. I don't have the stats available to me, but I would bet my house on

3) Most shots on target
4) Creating most opportunities (Hitting post, forcing save, couple of deflections forcing corner, penalty shout, etc)

Of all the players who had bad game, I think Yaya/Kompany were the best of bad lot.

Saw the same game as you...

jpargo said:
J_Bow said:

3) Most shots on target

Exactly Yaya was the only one forcing the game basically. Others just passed it sideways or backwards. Nasri especially always slows it down for some reason.

I think you will see a different performance against Arsenal where a team coming on to us an attacking will suit us more, unfortunately this was coming as the team have been starting very slowly in recent games , but luckily we got the first goal against Newcastle and Liverpool and that makes all the difference, no need to panic just yet

Sky Blue said:
citymad said:
MSP said:
But to be honest, we weren't exactly amazing in first two games too. Good scores masked the fact we're nowhere near fit and nowhere near our top form.

Newcastle gave us good game but we're just too clinical for them. Liverpool dominated for most of first half but we've been extremely clinical in that game too, scored at perfect moment, and broke them with taking most of our chances.

It's bit worrying with games we have to play soon. Have to be much better vs Arsenal, Bayern and Chelsea or things could get nasty too soon.

Agreed. The assumption that we were in cruise control against the dippers was false. We were clinical thats all it was. We need to step up our performances in the next few games or we could be chasing Chelsea all season.

We've not had the usual "we won't make the top 4" shit from you yet....or have I missed it?

haha, i almost...almost posted it but i knew you were lurking ready to pounce. No actually it may surprise you I feel confident we'll make top 4 this year but we cant afford many slip ups :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.