City v Sunderland appears close to being sold out

First game of the season, Peps first in charge and I'm struggling to get rid of my ticket since I can't make it. Talk of an expansion is a joke
Sorry rag, I'm still so tired from counting the empty seats at your last fiasco home game v Bournemouth that I fell asleep and missed the ticket office completely today. I'll make sure I am up in time tomorrow though gobshite.

Rag cafe is awash with screenshots of a webpage showing availability, probably from ages ago. But they're not obsessed with us. Ironic really when half the cunts on there couldn't find the swamp on a map.

They had a topic on there last year asking 'Your first game'. Lasted just over one page. These are the pricks you see going full trolll hero on twitter etc

They chose to support a once successful club as though it was some fucking badge of honor

^That's about as plastic as you can get

They had a topic on there last year asking 'Your first game'. Lasted just over one page. These are the pricks you see going full trolll hero on twitter etc

They chose to support a once successful club as though it was some fucking badge of honor

^That's about as plastic as you can get

Yep. My experience of the empty seats jibes is that regular match-going United fans tend to be less likely to go on about it than those of an armchair persuasion. Sure, they'll sing the 20,000 empty seats song at derby matches but that's all part of the banter that goes on on the day.

The comments on there go on about City fans making excuses about it being holiday season, etc, yet there was another thread on Red Cafe a couple of years ago after they played Swansea at home first game of the season. It was van Gaal's first game in charge and one United fan who had gone to the game stated that there were loads of empties. Bizarrely, non-attending fans were disputing what he said and stating that the TV footage proved otherwise. His response that was that the TV footage only showed certain sections of certain stands and was in no way a true reflection of how full the whole stadium was and that some sections not picked up on TV had lots of empty seats.

It takes a special kind of **** not to figure out that plenty of people are away on holiday at this time of year - particularly families - and therefore have either passed their tickets on to someone else or have put them up on the ticket exchange which is why there were still odd seats showing for sale in most blocks last night. I wouldn't mind but there were only several dozen remaining so it's hardly a big deal. I'm sure there will be the usual empties dotted around due to ST holders not passing them on/putting them on the ticket exchange plus the 1st tier of the North Stand which oddly always seems to have the same pockets of seats empty but you know a match at City is a sell out or damn close to one when the corner blocks of the 3rd tiers of the East and West stands are full as they tend to be the last ones to sell out.

Last edited:
Yep. My experience of the empty seats jibes is that regular match-going United fans tend to be less likely to go on about it than those of an armchair persuasion. Sure, they'll sing the 20,000 empty seats song at derby matches but that's all part of the banter that goes on on the day.

The comments on there go on about City fans making excuses about it being holiday season, etc, yet there was another thread on Red Cafe a couple of years ago after they played Swansea at home first game of the season. It was van Gaal's first game in charge and one United fan who had gone to the game stated that there were loads of empties. Bizarrely, non-attending fans were disputing what he said and stating that the TV footage proved otherwise. His response that was that the TV footage only showed certain sections of certain stands and was in no way a true reflection of how full the whole stadium was and that some sections not picked up on TV had lots of empty seats.

They usually have loads of empty seats.

They usually have loads of empty seats.

They do mate. Hence why I think match-going reds are less likely to get involved in the pissing contest on social media. My boss is a ST holder and numerous times after a home game last season he told me there were loads of empty seats. Not just the obvious games like Bournemouth and Palace but also Swansea at home which was a 3pm Saturday kick-off.

They do mate. Hence why I think match-going reds are less likely to get involved in the pissing contest on social media. My boss is a ST holder and numerous times after a home game last season he told me there were loads of empty seats. Not just the obvious games like Bournemouth and Palace but also Swansea at home which was a 3pm Saturday kick-off.

The way the swamp is built, they have crammed loads of seats in so in some areas your knees have ridges in them from the seat in front. Empty seats are much harder to spot in those areas than when we are on tv,, but if you look into the crowd when a throw in is taken & there is a closeup, you will quite often see empty seats even in the lower tier. In the higher areas of Mordor, which the cameras can't see, there are often loads of them.

Some relatives of mine (by marriage, non of my direct family are rags) work there as stewards & they have told me there are often large numbers of empties on the higher tiers.

First game of the season, Peps first in charge and I'm struggling to get rid of my ticket since I can't make it. Talk of an expansion is a joke
Hey mate, don't listen to all those 'bitter' cunts calling you a Rag.

I'll have your ticket. I live in Burnage, so can collect the ticket in plenty of time before kick off (I'm guessing you live in Manchester!).

How much are you asking, and where in the ground is the seat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.