City v Sunderland Post Match Discussion Thread

Too Busy not missing a game in over 20 years than being bothered reading all the glory hunters posts on here.

Dax777 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Was it my imagination or were Kolarov and Kolo Toure actually arguing with each other while they were "trying to get back" during the build up to their third goal?
Not sure. But know Kolarov was pissed once it went in. That said that was a Kompany screw up.
Yup, stepped up needlessly and let Bendtner run behind him

SWP's back said:
danburge82 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Using that against Ferguson is like saying Colin Bell wasn't that good a player because he never played in Italy.
Indeed. Loads of players and managers only play or manage in one country. Brian Clough, Bob Paisly, Paolo Maldini, Xavi Hernandez...are these people lesser players/managers because they didn't go to different leagues?
Are they fuck as like!

-- Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:13 pm --

eyeball said:
Just got this horrible feeling that the rags are gonna win the title at the etihad!!!!!
7 posts in 3 years, then this
To busy not missing a match in ova 20 years,don't have time to bother reading and replying to glory hunting plastic fans!!!!!!

remoh said:
Barcon said:
remoh said:
You can form your opinion however you like, Barcon, but if you deny all the evidence, that comes under the heading of prejudice. (most people would regard 'shite' as an insulting term, by the way)
It's possible that you have supported our Club longer than I have, but since I had the privilege of watching the 'Great Team, it's doubtful.

As regards insults, please review your post. You insulted, not just me, but some fantastic players, too. You aren't my pal by the way.

Wow, just typed out a long response and somehow deleted it. Either way, I wasn't trying to insult you (I never called you shite), and if you don't want to be pals, that's fine. I'm not really sure what evidence you have provided to prove any of these players fantastic either. I have never, and will never slag off a City player or manager on an internet forum (with the obvious exception of tevez). I at least waited until they were gone before insulting them. P.S, started going in the 60's.

My sympathies re. your lost reply. I lost two before finally getting through.

As I said, if you read your post again, you would find it offensive, I'm sure. You never called me shite; I included your description of the players mentioned under the heading of insulting - and 'shite' is not normally classed as praise!
You don't feel that I've made a case for the players; fair enough. A re-check of their careers with us and since, may convince you otherwise, but not if you are one of those who believes that Roberto can do no wrong.

The Forum exists so that we can all express our opinions of players, management etc. and sometimes that will be negative. We all want the best for our Club and if our present management is making a pig's ear of it, as some of us think, then saying so on here is not disloyalty to the Club, whereas backing a poor, out of his depth, manager, while seeming like loyalty, could actually be counter-productive.

It sounds as though we're the same generation, by the way, so apologies for the 'school-boy' dig.

No worries mate, I'll be in Wilmslow in Sept. we can meet up for a hug. ; )

We shouldn't have conceded three goals, very uncharacteristic of home form but unsurprising considering recent performances.

Poor defense

Our current formation relies too heavily on our defenders moving up to help with the attack, particularly Kolarov who has to help provide width and shoot some crosses into the box. While this can be effective to put pressure on opponents, it leaves us too vulnerable to counterattack, especially this far into the season when players are getting more fatigued. I was amazed with how little space our attackers have to deal with compared to Sunderland who were able to run onto balls easily around the box when they attacked. IMO, our attacking players are asked to track back too much while defenders are expected to come up to support the attack which means they have to cover a lot more ground than the opposition. Consequently, they have less energy and less focus to play tighter defense which explains a lot of the stupid goals. I think too much pressure has been put on the players to score goals that we've lost focus at the back. Mancini should clean this up going forward and look for our attack to be more efficient. I'd rather win 1:0 than have to score 3 goals every game.

Is it true that Eyeball is too busy not missing a game in over 20 years to bother reading or indeed replying to the glory hunting fans who post on here?

Re: Poor defense

BosnianDiamond said:
Our current formation relies too heavily on our defenders moving up to help with the attack, particularly Kolarov who has to help provide width and shoot some crosses into the box. While this can be effective to put pressure on opponents, it leaves us too vulnerable to counterattack, especially this far into the season when players are getting more fatigued. I was amazed with how little space our attackers have to deal with compared to Sunderland who were able to run onto balls easily around the box when they attacked. IMO, our attacking players are asked to track back too much while defenders are expected to come up to support the attack which means they have to cover a lot more ground than the opposition. Consequently, they have less energy and less focus to play tighter defense which explains a lot of the stupid goals. I think too much pressure has been put on the players to score goals that we've lost focus at the back. Mancini should clean this up going forward and look for our attack to be more efficient. I'd rather win 1:0 than have to score 3 goals every game.

I so disagree

BosnianDiamond said:
We were chasing the game 2nd half. Nothing wrong with our formation - this was an atypical City performance

What we need is a central & strong midfielder that has the PACE & WIDTH to cover or help our overlapping FB's such as AK who going forward (which is good from my POV for the excellent crosses or service to our strikers) lacks the mobility or pace to backtrack.

Sadly what we have now is inadequate. We need a top notch midfileder like Alex Song. He is the reason too for the resurgent gunners.

If not we should have VK playing a higher defensively & to protect or cover the back 4. We have reliable CBs in Lescott, Kolo. Micah & Clichy for the wingbacks.
That will be an awesome defensive quintet force.

Today we didn't have that cover!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.