City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks joe said:
samharris said:
bluemoon73 said:
Fuck this week is dragging :(

Look on the bright side fella.. take a moment to contemplate just how the Trafford Rangers supporters must be feeling!! their world is crumbling around them and now they have to see us at a Wembley final :)
Sam. You forgot to mention....AGAIN....

Thanks joe,have done, so thanks Thanks joe. ;)

Hi.

A fella I know is a Sunderland fan and has managed to get his hands on three tickets for the CC final - but they are in block 541, which is in the City end.

He is wondering if there are any blues out there who have found themselves in the Sunderland end and would like to swap.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Nasri is not in the French squad. Lets hope its not due to injury, we need him for Sunday.

solley attwell said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
solley attwell said:
We've won and lost a league cup final to 2 black country rivals. We've beaten Newcastle and now we play Sunderland. That's an uneasy symmetry but its been a long week and its 'old City' mentality coming to the surface.Fuck it ,roll on Sunday
The Black Country? Are you sure you don't mean the North East?

West Brom in 70 and Wolves in 74. Scarey!!

Talking about symmetry though, in '69 we beat a team that was relegated in the FA Cup final (Leicester); however last year we lost to a team that was relegated (Wigan of course). So we have already seen off that "symmetry". And we will also do exactly that on Sunday. Especially with the spirit of Mike Doyle around us. We will win this.

I agree with Jamie Redknapp here - this is off the Sky Sports website by the way:

Jamie Redknapp: This could be a pivotal moment for Pellegrini, actually. I always remember when Jose Mourinho took over at Chelsea he identified the League Cup as a big trophy to win because it's the first one and, if you win it, it keeps everyone quiet. Look at Arsene Wenger, every year that goes by without a trophy at Arsenal the more pressure it brings. So Pellegrini will be looking to get one in the bag, give City a bit of confidence and then re-focus on trying to win the Premier League and turning around their deficit to Barcelona in the Champions League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...in-phillips-and-niall-quinn-preview-showpiece

If we can get this trophy it relieves the pressure a little and shuts everyone up for a bit about us must having to win a trophy, albeit we do need to be winning trophies with the team we have got.

Hopefully winning this trophy can give us our confidence and spark back.

just read a pre-match review of the game on sky sports , quinn , kevin phillips and redknapp , two of them (guess which ones) fancy sunderland after extra time or penalties ,because we are going through a barren spell , (well weve lost to chelsea and barcelona in the last 22 games ! ) 95% of football fans will want the evil money men to fall flat on their faces , lets prove them all wrong . come on you blues

gmckennasell said:
just read a pre-match review of the game on sky sports , quinn , kevin phillips and redknapp , two of them (guess which ones) fancy sunderland after extra time or penalties ,because we are going through a barren spell , (well weve lost to chelsea and barcelona in the last 22 games ! ) 95% of football fans will want the evil money men to fall flat on their faces , lets prove them all wrong . come on you blues

What you write is very true.
However, as we know it was 10 times worse before the Wigan game with them being the 'plucky underdog' and all that...
I just hope the team have learnt from the Wigan game just how precious Wembley cup finals are. If they have then I reckon we
are up for scorching display of attacking football.
4-1 to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.