City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge of Sighs adapted lyrics

.. Sunderland won't shine
Blue Moon will do............

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ki-not-starting-at-wembley.885110/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ki ... ey.885110/</a>

Someone claims to know Ki and says he won't start. Hopefully true. Doubt it though.

This week has dragged but the time is nearly up! Should be a special occasion and hopefully we'll be lifting the league cup for the first time in my lifetime, can't wait!

3-1 City

Tbilisi said:
Ali Benarbia said:
Tbilisi said:
Sorry if already posted....38 years to the day tomoz (Feb 28th 1976) that we last won the League Cup...dont tell the wife but best day of my life.........so far!
Bloody hell, were you on Mars for the Stoke Cup Final, the 6-1 v the Rags, and QPR?

Didnt come close

Sorry Tbilisi:-
For me as good as 1976 was it didn't come close to 2011. 1976 was the first time I'd actually seen City win a major trophy in the flesh
and I was 14 (15 the following month) so it was great and I knew it would be the first of many. We used to discuss at school how we
would feel when we won the league because it was only a matter of time. Well we all know what happened don't we? The nightmare
of 1981 haunted me for 30 years, the relegations, especially when we went into the third tier, the ritual derby match humiliations
and all the rest including York away which Tbilisi did attend (I was with him) meant that when I saw us finally win the FA Cup at aged 50
it easily surpassed 1976. I'd say 2011 was the happiest day of my life as the 35 year wait was over. At times during those years I
started to wonder if I'd ever see us win anything meaningful again. 2012 was different. It was more like a lifetime's mission was
finally complete. In many ways it was more satisfying than 2011 but it didn't leave me feeling as elated (okay it wasn't bad when
Aguero scored!). We won the trophies in the right order and both 2011 & 2012 piss on 1976.

Others have said this but we have got to be aware just how up for this game Sunderland fans will be. They've been through the same
sort of things we had prior to 2011. I fully expect them to outnumber us because they will have begged, stolen and borrowed every
available ticket from every imaginable source. It should be a great day but both our team and fans need to be up for this match if we
don't want a repetition of last May.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Tbilisi said:
Ali Benarbia said:
Bloody hell, were you on Mars for the Stoke Cup Final, the 6-1 v the Rags, and QPR?

Didnt come close

For me as good as 1976 was it didn't come close to 2011. 1976 was the first time I'd actually seen City win a major trophy in the flesh
and I was 14 (15 the following month) so it was great and I knew it would be the first of many. We used to discuss at school how we
would feel when we won the league because it was only a matter of time. Well we all know what happened don't we? The nightmare
of 1981 haunted me for 30 years, the relegations, especially when we went into the third tier, the ritual derby match humiliations
and all the rest including York away which Tbilisi did attend (I was with him) meant that when I saw us finally win the FA Cup at aged 50
it easily surpassed 1976. I'd say 2011 was the happiest day of my life as the 35 year wait was over. At times during those years I
started to wonder if I'd ever see us win anything meaningful again. 2012 was different. It was more like a lifetime's mission was
finally complete. In many ways it was more satisfying than 2011 but it didn't leave me feeling as elated (okay it wasn't bad when
Aguero scored!). We won the trophies in the right order and both 2011 & 2012 piss on 1976.

Others have said this but we have got to be aware just how up for this game Sunderland fans will be. They've been through the same
sort of things we had prior to 2011
. I fully expect them to outnumber us because they will have begged, stolen and borrowed every
available ticket from every imaginable source. It should be a great day but both our team and fans need to be up for this match if we

They have indeed been there before. FA Cup against Leeds, I think in 1973. Huge underdogs and won 1-0 with an Ian Porterfield goal.

We are now something like the Giants that Leeds were in '73. I think given the Wigan loss last year, we won't be complacent, but let's not forget what has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Take no prisoners lads...tribute to Mickey Doyle and then put 'em to the sword!!!

BlueSiam said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Tbilisi said:
Didnt come close

sort of things we had prior to 2011
. I fully expect them to outnumber us because they will have begged, stolen and borrowed every

They have indeed been there before. FA Cup against Leeds, I think in 1973. Huge underdogs and won 1-0 with an Ian Porterfield goal.

We are now something like the Giants that Leeds were in '73. I think given the Wigan loss last year, we won't be complacent, but let's not forget what has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Take no prisoners lads...tribute to Mickey Doyle and then put 'em to the sword!!!

Has a top 4 side ever lost two cup finals in consecutive seasons to sides that were or are in relegation positions?

I really hope this is not another record we break on Sunday!

Their fans will be mad for this match and will inevitably make a lot of noise, I just think its absolutely vital we get the first goal as early as possible and silence the crowd.

I so hope we turn up for this match, lose and our players will capitulate in my opinion.

Sergio is a best big game player, he needs to rise to the occasion again! Come on Sergio!!

BlueSiam said:

I remember working with a Leeds fan who went in '73. He said as soon as he got to Wembley all he could see outside the ground
were Sunderland fans. He told me that he felt Leeds would lose even before the kick off and had warned his mates
that they'd get n'owt. Like you I'm thinking that last May plus the numerous defeats at the SOL will put us on our guard but I'm
certainly not taking this match to be a gimme.

Great weekend of football coming up: Roma vs. Inter, COC Final, Atletico vs. Real and AC Milan vs. Juventus!

CaliBoy said:
So it doesn't look like the Capital One Cup vs Sunderland will be shown on any tv channels in the United States. How does everyone plan to watch it in the states? I can't believe out of all the tv channels available to us, it will not be televised for our viewing pleasure.

it is televised on beINSports in US and A:

• DISH subscribers can find the beIN SPORTS network on Channel 408 in English and on Channel 871 in Spanish (SAP)
• DIRECTV subscribers can watch beIN SPORTS on Channel 620 in HD and English, and beIN SPORTS en Español on Channel 426
• Comcast has launched beIN SPORTS across the U.S. Please contact your local Comcast office for channel information.
• Time Warner Cable. Check your local TWC office for details.
• Bright House Networks. Check your local BHN office for details.
• Verizon FIOS subscribers can find beIN SPORTS on Channel 598 in HD and beIN SPORTS en Español on Channel 1538 in HD.
• AT&T U-verse subscribers can find beIN SPORTS on Channel 1662 in HD and beIN SPORTS en Español on Channel 1663 in HD.
• Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico, Atlantic Broadband, Advanced, Hotwire, OneLink Communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.