City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbilisi said:
Sorry if already posted....38 years to the day tomoz (Feb 28th 1976) that we last won the League Cup...dont tell the wife but best day of my life.........so far!
and i went to see Robin Trower at the Free Trade Hall the night before
gigs and City, they were the days

squirtyflower said:
Tbilisi said:
Sorry if already posted....38 years to the day tomoz (Feb 28th 1976) that we last won the League Cup...dont tell the wife but best day of my life.........so far!

Who?

sam-caddick said:
I agree with Jamie Redknapp here - this is off the Sky Sports website by the way:

Jamie Redknapp: This could be a pivotal moment for Pellegrini, actually. I always remember when Jose Mourinho took over at Chelsea he identified the League Cup as a big trophy to win because it's the first one and, if you win it, it keeps everyone quiet. Look at Arsene Wenger, every year that goes by without a trophy at Arsenal the more pressure it brings. So Pellegrini will be looking to get one in the bag, give City a bit of confidence and then re-focus on trying to win the Premier League and turning around their deficit to Barcelona in the Champions League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...in-phillips-and-niall-quinn-preview-showpiece

If we can get this trophy it relieves the pressure a little and shuts everyone up for a bit about us must having to win a trophy, albeit we do need to be winning trophies with the team we have got.

Hopefully winning this trophy can give us our confidence and spark back.

Pretty much said this since the season started. Even though it's considered the lowest priority it's the first proper trophy you can win, and thus the earliest opportunity to validate what we're trying to do. Win it and I'd be very sure we would go on to win one of if not both the league and FA cup.

Ducado said:
squirtyflower said:
Tbilisi said:

Who?
too high brow for you mate

Tbilisi said:
Bloody hell, were you on Mars for the Stoke Cup Final, the 6-1 v the Rags, and QPR?

Ali Benarbia said:
Tbilisi said:
Bloody hell, were you on Mars for the Stoke Cup Final, the 6-1 v the Rags, and QPR?

Didnt come close

squirtyflower said:
Ducado said:
squirtyflower said:
too high brow for you mate

Thanks was he some 50's rock idol?
70s guitar god

This ^^^
Thanks SF

Just a quick note for Ducado's edification

Ex lead guitar with Procul harum (as in 'Whiter Shade of Pale' .. do keep up!)

went on to an illustrious solo career

Britain's Jimi Hendrix... and still playing !

me Blue 2112 and couple of others went to see him at Academy 3 a couple of years ago .. superb as ever !!

Check out the album 'Bridge of Sighs' , especially the title track...

Wish I could do the linky thing.. can anyone oblige ???

ooops !!
'ere we go !!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x0d1HilfLxA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0d1HilfLxA</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.